Power problems

For the last 6 months ive been having problems with my pc intermittently, never knowing what the actual problem was or were it was comming from. Problems were anything from stutter to slowing down and a black screen whilst gaming,with loss of wheel input no FFB, you name it i had it when gaming and surfing.

After numerious visits to the pc shop the technician came to my house and after 3 hours of checking, we heard the fridge click on and my pc started to go funny, and my wheel calibrated its self. It turns out 3/4 of my socket are through the same breaker, I was dragging to much through it and starving my pc of power ( Quite dangerious actually only 25 amps for 14 sockets )

So after changeing my room round to use the sockets that are free on the other breaker, im glad to report no more flicker/slowdown/blackscreen/wheel problems/ its like a new pc.... (just thought id share my experience)

Sounds bad. Usually large appliances are wired to their own breaker so that doesn't happen. Sounds like you should probably talk to an electrician about things there before something else happens.

Its all legal and sound,(so im told) its a old appartment. modern demands on a old system, I have 2 bedrooms and half a front room on on breaker, and half a front room and kitchen on the other breaker with a 30 amp suply to the oven. It was all about supply and demand...

I never thought to check the power comming out of the socket, or to add it all up...(By the way i am plugged into surge protectors just in case of a surge:wink: ). And was about to do a clean install ect.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 226 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%