Power & Glory Update 3.2 Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Zakspeed3.jpg

The waiting's nearly over folks. After two long years in the making, the glorious Power & Glory v3.1 mod for GTR 2 is getting a new update!

V3.2 is due to land before the end of 2015 and contains some nice little treats for those with a mind to race big old classic cars with clunky H-pattern gearboxes around some of the finest circuits ever dreamt up by man (that's right, tracks used to be cool before Hermann Tilke started making them).

According to the developers version 3.2 promises a host of improvements that include completely revised physics and updated graphics for all the Ford GT40 variants. In addition we welcome the new arrival of the 1969 IGFA German Racing Team GT40.

IGFA.jpg

Completely revised physics for all the Porsche 906 variants. The graphics update for this car is limited to 4 different sets of tyre models replacing the single GTL model used before. An example is shown below.

906tyres.jpg

Work is also ongoing with regards to a more minor update to the Alpine A110 model, to include re-introduction of back fire effects, physics changes and graphical updates. Additional data acquired by the group since version 3.1 has led to other tweaks to the performance and handling to bring these exquisite vehicles closer to their real life counterparts.

Continuing the tradition of outstanding technical assistance on this mod the team are releasing a series of user manuals explaining the changes to the GT40 and 906 cars help with the set-up options for that vehicle.

For those of you not yet familiar with the Power & Glory Mod (how dare you ;)) here's a little background info:

In 2005 Simbin Studios (now Sector 3 Studios, creators of RaceRoom Racing Experience) released their classic (literally) racing sim GT Legends based on the FIA Historic racing championship.

51WHCBKK4NL.jpg

Shortly after release along came a talented team of modders under the title of GT Legends Workshop to start a project to create real seasons from the 60's and 70's using the base content models provided in GT Legends. So Power & Glory (P&G) was born. Spreading over many updates, and benefiting from a huge quantity of user created additional mods to compliment the base content contained in P&G (such as period tracks, liveries and additional cars) the mod took on a life of its own and now stands up against many commercial releases in both quality, presentation and quantity.

Users should be aware that the P&G mod will require a copy of Simbins GTR2 to install on your PC (P&G uses GTR2's base game files and installs as a totally standalone mod).

It is understood that the new update will be available as both a patch from v3.1 and as a complete V3.2 install.

Visit the P&G development blog for download options.

I'm sure those of us who know and love previous versions will be excited about this update (I sure am) but equally important I hope this brings P&G to the attention of sim racers the world over who might have missed this little classic first time round. Yes the base game was released a fair while ago, but seriously folks, this is one super epic piece of sim racing goodness you just cant be without.

Let us know in the comments below if you are looking forward to this update, and why not share some of your favourite moments from P&G battles past?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are running v-sync and don't have the option of g-sysnc, then there is the following advice from NoGrip

It may be more than one thing causing it.

I would make sure first the game isn't running at excessive framerate if he uses V-Sync OFF (well over 150 FPS, very possible with those machine specs). In such scenarios, GPUs may get too hot and get close to overheating (then throttling down), which could explain the stuttering.
Either lock framerate to something like 150 FPS (if using V-Sync OFF) or use Dynamic V-Sync.
On a different note, V-Sync ON with tripple-buffering should be peachy (very smooth) on that machine.

One thing worth mentioning is that latest Nvidia drivers have been pointed out as somewhat problematic, i.e, better for the newest games but worse for older games, with a lot of performance and graphical problems. Two of such games that come to my mind are IL-2 1946 (both OGL and DX) and Strike Fighters 2 (DX9 and DX10).
The problem seems to be really noticeable from drivers 355.xx and newer (latest being the 358.50 drivers, I think?). So, most have been reverting to 353.62 drivers with successful results, apparently the best choice so far for Nvidia users playing older games (least ammount to none issues).
If this is valid for GTR2 I have no idea, but I guess it's worth pointing it out.

It could also be the OS.
Like Win8/Win8.1 before, Win10 has been showing to be a little hit and miss with older games (reports of odd framerates, stuttering, graphical and sound bugs with so many old games). When I mean hit and miss, it means that some have no problems at all, while others have no end of troubles.

I appreciate reverting to an older driver is something you may not want to do if you are not experiencing issues with any other older games, especially when the person suggesting it hasn't actually confirmed it can fix issues with GTR2.

I absolutely love this Mod. Power and Glory! Great sim, amazing cars that are actually fun to drive, and the music...oh my...the music. I fire this up sometimes just to listen to the guitars.

Great work guys. I hope there is a update. I didn't read all the posts in the tread.

You guys rock.

I truly love P&G! Ever since i first found it! And now the GTLW-chaps are updating it! Fantastic stuff! I've tried AC/pCars/R3E, you name it! I ALWAYS go back to P&G! I have rfactor1 running HistorX too, but i like P&G better!

With its original content (and some GTL-conversions etc etc), I have made the complete ETCC-seasons 1966, 1968, 1971, complete World Sportcar Championship 1966 and loads more! I always end up making seasons or championships for P&G! Absoluteley love it!

I have one install with custom stuff, and one straight up original for online-racing (though i don't find many races nowadays).

Now, as an avid fan as i am, i don't want to be rude. But news said that you would have it out by the end of 2015. Just wanted to know if there's any update?

Kind regards,
Rob

I truly love P&G! Ever since i first found it! And now the GTLW-chaps are updating it! Fantastic stuff! I've tried AC/pCars/R3E, you name it! I ALWAYS go back to P&G! I have rfactor1 running HistorX too, but i like P&G better!

With its original content (and some GTL-conversions etc etc), I have made the complete ETCC-seasons 1966, 1968, 1971, complete World Sportcar Championship 1966 and loads more! I always end up making seasons or championships for P&G! Absoluteley love it!

I have one install with custom stuff, and one straight up original for online-racing (though i don't find many races nowadays).

Now, as an avid fan as i am, i don't want to be rude. But news said that you would have it out by the end of 2015. Just wanted to know if there's any update?

Kind regards,
Rob
It's released now with a choice of updater patch or full install. Truly a giant amongst mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%