1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential serious problem

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by kutya23, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I'm new around and just wanted to warn you of a potentially serious problem. I installed my copy of GFT2013 in the default path, just on drive D:

The game worked fine, but when I wanted to start a championship, an instant PC reset always happened, which is really strange, because I know what I'm doing (software developer). Not a CTD, but an instant reset.

I also have Game Stock Car 2013 and it works fine (installed in C:\games). I uninstalled GFT2013 and re-installed on C: drive next to GSC2013 and now it works fine.

I'm not exactly sure, but probably the game doesn't like to be installed on drive D: Reiza please check this also with GSC2013, I didn't want to spend an activation just for testing.

I hope this will save some people of the headaches I had.

EDIT: I have a really standard setup (i5, GTX 670, Logitech Wheel) and I have really many games installed (including GSC2013) and all work fine, so I'm sure my system isn't an issue.
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I have all my games installed on the D: disc and have never encountered such a problem.
  3. Same here.
    I never ever install games on c: always on a physical other drive not another partition.
    And never had any problem at all.
  4. Separate D: drive here too with no problems, and I could be classed as the opposite of a software developer.
  5. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

Installed on E: (SSD) and no problems, BUT I never tried to start a championship season. Did you all do it?
  6. Hmm, strange. I did not change anything else.

lol Garry, what are you, a harware destructor? :D

BTW I have 2 HDDs, the first is C and D, while the second is E. With the new install, I play without problems (4/10 in the championship). And I'm pretty sure the reset was connected to the championship start, because I can't even recall when I had a hard reset last time. Maybe in Win98 time. And now it happened 4-5 times exactly when I clicked the start championship button. If not drive D, maybe Win7 UAC messed thing up, since I installed in "d:\Program Files(x86)" the first time, and "c:\games" the second time.

And I have nothing specific running in the background: Avast (I know, but it was disabled), nVidia center, Steam, Fraps and Logitech MX Performance center for my mouse. Oh, and I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1.

Anyway, it's working :)
  7. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

That seems a strange place to set it up, unless you have your windows installed to D drive (which I doubt). C:\Program Files(x86) would be the default install location, designed for Windows to monitor / control things through UAC. D:\Program Files(x86) wouldn't normally exist unless you somehow had your Win system installed there.

I also install all of my Games on D drive, just create my own Folder to store each separate game. eg. D:\FTruck 2013.

As a general rule, it's not a good idea to install games to C:\Program Files(x86) with Win 7 since it can cause some problems with UAC and other "protective" features.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  8. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

A 'software un-developer'?
  9. Software damager/breaker/failure.
  10. I usually just change the drive letter in the default install path. I'm not sure, but I think "D:\program files(x86)" is a folder just like any other (unlike the one on C: drive).
  11. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

When I installed Ftruck 2013 I installed it in D:\Games\Ftruck13
    However, it didn't work from there at all.

I then installed it in D:\Ftruck2013 and it worked fine. Apparently it didn't like to be in a subdirectory.

I have actually seen other Gmotor games with the same issue. Carrettera (the Argentinian sim) is one.