1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential freeby.

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Stuart Thomson, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Gents, I got my Logi G25 last night, and inside the box was a Wingman Software disc (so far, so normal), but also an RFactor disc.

I've not had time to look at it yet, and I was wondering if anyone here knows whether it's the full monty, or a demo thing, through previous experience?

Obviously I'll have a shufty myself, but I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with this item.

And - just as importantly - if you can, objectively, is rfactor any good in comparison to GTRE & GTL?

Thanks in advance.
  2. In my box which I got a few months ago it was just a demo disc.........and a rather out of date one at that.

rFactor has it's strengths and weaknesses in comparison to the Simbin titles. The Simbin titiles in general have better FFB and more standard content, but rFactor has just about all major tracks and racing series in the world available for download. Another plus point is human driver swaps, which allow you to run endurance races (the only reason I own rFactor).
  3. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Ah, I see.

OK thanks Richard - I'm not big on the Enduro side of things, TBH.

I'll probably just give it a miss, then.

Cheers for the feedback.
  4. Don't listen to me though, some people live by rFactor!

I do suggest you listen to their feedback before you totally decide not to get the game. :)
  5. You can get rF for pounds now, it's worth it for just a few events here, the trucks are coming up and there's the PCC as well.
  6. £8.50 on ebay, worth a buy :)
  7. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

IMO it is worth it Stuart. I'm lovin' (and hatin') the PCC Porsches, and the trucks are crazy.
  8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Hmmmmmm..... £8.50, you say?

You intrigue me strangely, young Yates.

I shall investigate
  9. In case you weren't sure what the Special Edition is, its normal rFactor with the 2008 BMW F1 car and different box art.
  10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Right - well I've ordered it now, so it'd better be good.
  11. It is !! you wont regret it :thumb:
  12. Agreed. I paid £25 and its still worth it. :thumb:
  13. I Payed £20 and i love it! I find online its not as good but everything else is awsome :)
  14. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

TBH, the meganes and the 79GP-ers swung it for me

oh and the Lupo's - small calibre spec racing is my fave
  15. PC World (UK Shop) were giving copies away when you spend £500 or more on a Laptop or PC but nothing stopping you from trying to blag a copy ;)
  16. I dont like rfactor cos whenever i minimise and then go back 2 it, it messes up the graphics so i have to do a reinstall of the core files and also theres no rain, also they should get rid of the stupid credits system for buying vehicles etc.
  17. Go in to Test Day mode and enter "ISI_BABYFACTORY" to get all the cars and max credits.
  18. and it has console/fps style cheats hmmmm. even so ive had major graphics faliures with rfactor.
  19. When you say it has console style cheats. That is not the full story because as well as having credits some mods require you to get experience as well as cash to unlock the best cars (CTDP 05). So it does have an incentive based approach, if you want to circumvent it you can or you can play as intended. Either way a lot of damn fine mods are available . Go over to rfactorcentral to check them out. :yo:
  20. i agree with David here. There are way too many mods out there for one to be bored. You will definitely find a mod that you like. you won't regret it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.