1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posts Moving?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Rob Goldthorpe, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Hi guys,

had this happen to me a few times this week, where I post a reply to a thread in quick chat and it goes to another totally different thread. I know posts just don't move on their own, I think it's a forum or a forum bug or something, but it's really annoying now :teeth:

Anyone know what's going on? :confused2:

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Lol? Example link please? Never heard this before

3. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Exactly lol, here is the post Clicky

Strange thing now is I can't find the thread I was replying to.. There are strange happenings happening here at the moment :lol:

4. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

Weird... How many times has this happened Rob?

I have had multiple tabs open before and replied in the wrong thread. :doh:
    I am not saying you have done the same thing but just a theory.

5. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

It's happened twice this week, don't think it was because I had multiple tabs open.. I only have 1 RD tab open at a time..

Think it was just a one off bug..

6. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

As a computer scientist (not exactly) I must say this is not logical, Mr. Turing (it think it was him) declared computers to be deterministic units. So same input should always lead to the same result... unless somebody changes the unit :D

7. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I'm starting to think it was just me now, getting on with my old age :D

8. i've not had that... but i've had a number of occassions this week where clicking a link to see the latest posts etc has redirected me to the forum index....

9. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a connection with the disappearance of the Race Pro Gamertags in the RP section...

10. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Well I was just trying to load this thread and it took me back to the RaceDepartment home page :(

11. Bram

Bram

Time to have the wizards taking a look at this :)

12. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Plus I've just tried to load the forum and got a Database Error.. Unless someone is tinkering? First time it's happened to me.

13. DB server just went down and came back up.. normal occurance.

14. Bram

Bram

I have updated all the tables & databases Thorpo because of your issue. That explained why the forum was down for a second. Didnt want to disable the entire board for it :)

@Buxton: gamercard issues are not on our side: http://forum.racedepartment.com/forum-feedback/21517-gamercards-not-displaying.html

15. A thought on the original issue.. Mouse?

Is it perhaps randomly registering a click without you knowing which is loading a different page to the one expected?

16. The example you referred to Rob, look at post 9 of that same thread.