Posting setups at RD (or not?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Grant Daly

This afternoon i was wondering why so little people share their setups in the setup forums of RACE 07.

What is the reason behind it i wonder?

The reason for me is that it's difficult to know how and where to upload the .svm files???
So that we can link to them?
Now I'm sure that there's a easy way to do it but I believe maybe a Sticky With a step by step guide would be a Big Boost mate...

Thanx, G...

• Grant Daly

Thankyou Very Much! Just what I was looking for...

Bram I totally agree, it's great. I think if we promote this section more. Reference these Threads during Race Chats, lots, when asked about SU's will also be a great help. I don't mean Overly either just if the few of us who are like minded like those I'm quoteing here, if we start referencing these threads in Posts and Races. it'll grow!

Dude, believe me i am a setup noob just like many others ... But seriously it would also be interesting to see other setup from people that are insecure about theirs so we can comment them to improve the final result. At least that is the reason why we started the whole setup section in the first place. It should be meetingpoint of people that share their idea's and learn from eachother.

Simon touches on a point that I know is just how I have thought many times. A part of the Sticky I mentioned in the previous post, may also be a good place to make mention of this. And state why it's a good idea to repost, tweaked .svm's with notes on What tweaks were made? Why (Car Beahviour before tweak)? & What Happened (the result noticed)? I'm sure that each will note different results to same or similar tweaks...
As Bram says (See Next Quote)
...Alot of people I guess use those already available and tweak to suit ... and then feel because it's just a tweak there is no point in posting their version.
Imho that is exactly what would be perfect. Community development. Download one, tweak it and repost it!

Hey Kevin, Even just saying what you said, is good feedback! I'm sure that you're capable of learning? :) And well we all start somewhere, So it's great you're honest with yourself. But If you really wanted to pickup the tweaking know how? Just posting a question and an exapmle of what you're trying to achieve? That's a start... yes :)
If I would drive as bad as I am in building setups, I wouldn't be able to drive a BobbyCar with all driving aids ...

I know just where you're at Tony, I mentioed it too in my Previous Post in here... I'd also like to say Good on you man! Just great to see a lil pride as well... between Kevins post and Tony's we have a good spectrum of the attitudes of people here...
...I'll have to learn how can I upload and where my setups, to link them here...
I am not a competition engineer, but I think my setups are a bit useful. Tamás Bajka, one of the fastest Honda drivers at Brands Hatch in V-WTCC, runs with mine :D

Onya Wal :cool: This is a great example of what I too am hoping to get from these pages. Good info from fellow drivers whom I respect and probably of most importance? From Drivers whos individual styles I'm familiar with, or at least know something about? As then I can say yeah I'll try that or if I know that the driver has a totally diferent style then I know that I just move on. Not a bad thing just knowing helps to stop wasting eachothers time too I think... It's a very individual thing SU's (SetUp's)
What is useful, I think, is discussion like "I softened the front roll bar to remove some understeer" etc. i.e. the "why's" and how you think it actually affected the feel of the car.

Chris I can imagine it's not a good feeling, Hopfully now with the "Thanks" Buttons in the Forums that's the least they can do. But I believe that you're right when you say you take a lil time to write a thankyou. Probably best if they are mostly in the form of PM's so as not to clog the Threads too much? But still a Good Point mate!!!
well I for one tend to share my setups with public ... you see many people dl your setup, but only a handful says tnx for the sharing......it gives out a feeling for, why did i share?
I for one if i download a setup or tend to download a setup from someone, then i will say tnx to the person who publish it, to show my respect for his time(, sweat and blood) to make a setup.

So From me I am all for added input to these threads now! And I know that in my case I Honestly felt I didn't have anything of use to offer... I see now that isn't true! In fact I don't believe I fully understood that the purpose of these threads is NOT JUST for those Top Tuners. I see I was trying to compare my own meager knowledge, to others who have either more knowledge in SU's, and/or More Experience, and greater driving skills, all these miss guided feelings now have been laid to rest and that's a great feeling for me as I really enjoy the technical aspects of simracing I'm a N00b yes! But I know I'll learn! And look forward to it. :cool:

I also notice it really helps my focus and concentration, when I'm scanning the feel of the car, the Dash Data, and the other feedback like road and tyre noise. When I'm turning laps seting up a car it improves my driving experience & track knowledge exponetionally!!! :thumb:

So Thanks Heaps to Bram and everyone else I've learned heaps just reading this I mean it's helped me so much I'm able to reply, and feel I'm contributing, as well, That feels gooooooood...

Cyas, G...

• Grant Daly

Cheers Atti!

you can upload them directly into the forum as attachment Grant, or was this not the question?

If you are at the advanced reply page, then below the text there is a button: Manage attachments.

Yeah I'd like to do that just maybe it's this head cold? But could you run through the Steps please? Sorry it must be my Cold I see it's that PaperClip Iconnext to the Smilie Face... : :doh: :loco:

P.S. So many From Ramon... Cheers mate... Some seem surprised at the amount but I thought what do you expect from the guy who wrote one of the Books on SetUp's ? You know??? lol. :D

Ok, so to do attachment:
- create new post
- go advanced in case it is a reply to previous post (not quick reply)
- below the text you are typing there are several option, make sticky, closed thread, etc, you will find there a button: Manage Attachments
- when you cllick on it a window pops up, where you can directly upload files to the forum
- take care of the allowed file types and sizes
- when you selected the required file, push upload
- when it say finished (without any error message, for example wrong file type, or too big file) simply close the additional Attachment window
- if the upload is succesful, then you will see your file listed above the Manage Attachment button
- make the post, attached file will appear at the bottom of your post.

Yeah I'd like to do that just maybe it's this head cold? But could you run through the Steps please? Sorry it must be my Cold I see it's that PaperClip Iconnext to the Smilie Face... : :doh: :loco:

Ok, so to do attachment:
- create new post
- go advanced in case it is a reply to previous post (not quick reply)
- below the text you are typing there are several option, make sticky, closed thread, etc, you will find there a button: Manage Attachments
- when you cllick on it a window pops up, where you can directly upload files to the forum
- take care of the allowed file types and sizes
- when you selected the required file, push upload
- when it say finished (without any error message, for example wrong file type, or too big file) simply close the additional Attachment window
- if the upload is succesful, then you will see your file listed above the Manage Attachment button
- make the post, attached file will appear at the bottom of your post.

See http://forum.racedepartment.com/club-support/5592-how-post-your-own-setups-our-forums.html

:amen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back