Posting setups at RD (or not?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
This afternoon i was wondering why so little people share their setups in the setup forums of RACE 07.

What is the reason behind it i wonder?

Dude, believe me i am a setup noob just like many others :D
I really try to fit the car to my needs, regardless if the techniques i use are correct or not lol.
But seriously it would also be interesting to see other setup from people that are insecure about theirs so we can comment them to improve the final result. At least that is the reason why we started the whole setup section in the first place. It should be meetingpoint of people that share their idea's and learn from eachother.

I usually use the simbin ones with a few tweaks... not really enough to warrant uploading to be honest. If i had a setup which i have changed a lot, i will upload it - but the last time i did that was for the FD FBMW race at Varano :p

I am now focusing in the semifinals at Brands Hatch, in V-WTCC.
But when I come back from there, I'll try to share some setups for the Honda.
I'll have to learn how can I upload and where my setups, to link them here...

I am not a competition engineer, but I think my setups are a bit useful. Tamás Bajka, one of the fastest Honda drivers at Brands Hatch in V-WTCC, runs with mine :D

I won't post setups in open forums. I see too many people just only leech setups for diverse forums and never contributes back.

At RD the setup forum is open to anyone who just registered. For me a no-go. Not that my setups are any good, it just don't feel right for me.

I currently share my setups with selected MSN friends via skydrive.

Maybe an idea to move setup forum to the club area. The club can use some socialize subforums like setups or club-paddock; etc.

That sounds like a good idea Ramon :)

Also it would be better that people should contribute first before they can download, i fully agree..

The reason why I didn't post a setup for now is that I do not have any clue what to do or where to screw to make cars feel like I want them to. I'm still comparing other setups with mine to see which differences may cause which effect and pic the most suitable for me for quali/races.

But I'm not at all against sharing my setups, I will do in the future, even if in open part of this forum.

I won't post setups in open forums. I see too many people just only leech setups for diverse forums and never contributes back.

At RD the setup forum is open to anyone who just registered. For me a no-go. Not that my setups are any good, it just don't feel right for me.

I currently share my setups with selected MSN friends via skydrive.

Maybe an idea to move setup forum to the club area. The club can use some socialize subforums like setups or club-paddock; etc.

I more or less feel the same as Ramon. Many people dont contributes back or not even leaves a small comment.

At the moments i share my setups mostly with friends or teammates. Sometimes it happens that i share them in rfactor on the server (nice function they have there) if someone asks nicely etc.

The lack of response is also the reason that i will probably stop posting mine as well. I really hoped that others would followed the example of posting setups and that there would be a follow up with some discussion.

By the way we have installed a "Thank You Button" to thank the poster. Is it an idea that we start using that one?

well I for one tend to share my setups with public when I am in the mood for it (but prefer to share mine with the team). Because you see many people dl your setup, but only a handful says tnx for the sharing......it gives out a feeling for, why did i share?
or are people a bit greedy

i for one if i download a setup or tend to download a setup from someone, then i will say tnx to the person who publish it, to show my respect for his time(, sweat and blood) to make a setup.

Okido, we have move all the setup forums to the RD Racing Club. You need to be a racing club member first to download the content.

Is that safe enough for you all :)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline