Post your videos thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
in car ini, graphics section is always bugged. i prefer to use a simple tga image for shadow under cars, than use shadow.dof.

dof shadow looks always strange and not real, it is good cause the shadow rotate when the sun turn the sides, but the appearence is the worst part. this is my point.

in car ini, graphics section is always bugged. i prefer to use a simple tga image for shadow under cars, than use shadow.dof.

dof shadow looks always strange and not real, it is good cause the shadow rotate when the sun turn the sides, but the appearence is the worst part. this is my point.

Ah, I see.. I guess that's another thing that needs a bit of work then :p

Your x-ray shadows are caused by stencil_bits=0 in your racer.ini files, set it =4 and you should have no more x-ray shadows!

Cars do generate two shadows, that is why there are two in the car.ini file. look at cars on the highway on a bright sunny day and when the car goes under an overpass and is in the shadow of the underpass the shadow created by the sun will not be visible. Only the shadow created by ambient light will be visible.

I crate the dof shadow from a copy of the car body with wheels made all black which works quite nicely.

The only problem with shadows is when driving on an overcast, very cloudy day the shadow created by the sun should no longer be visible.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back