F1 2010 Post Your Tyre Wear

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I am interested in finding approximately how many laps - on average - you are getting out of your tyres. For those that do not race with tyre wear turned on, please disregard this post. Based on replies, I will edit this main post to include statistical information complete with charts and diagrams for those such obsessed - ie:myself - based upon everyone's input. A concise reply is preferred but please feel free to detail any specifics that may be a variable for any given scenario. Obviously I understand that not all tracks are the same on tyres. The amount of braking, hard-cornering, engine throttle setting, etc, all play key roles. Feel free to note anything that may be relevant for a particular track or differences in results based upon throttle settings; Fast; Standard; Cruise.

Example:

Option (Soft): x FST, y STD, Z CRS
Prime (Hard): x FST, y STD, Z CRS
Intermediate: x FST, y STD, Z CRS
Wet: x FST, y STD, Z CRS

I would like to add that I am playing on the XBOX 360. I would assume that tyre wear is unilaterally equal across all platforms, but you know what happens when one starts to assume, so if you can add what platform you're using it would be nice in order to cross reference that with the other information if it is provided.

Also, if you're a PC user and are using any modified file - especially in regard to tyre degradation, please note it or do not post as your tyre performance - while undoubtedly much more realistic - do not apply to console users or PC gamers who are not using such a modification.

I will also make this post on the official F1 2010 website in an attempt to gather additional information. Please do not respond to both.

Thank You!

You don't seem to be taking into account Traction Control - on, medium, off: ABS - on or off: Fuel Simulation - on or off: 100% race or not?
Do you start the race on Primes or Options?
Car Setup: Roll Bars, Suspension, Wheel Alignment all make a lot of difference as does individual driving style.

You don't seem to be taking into account Traction Control - on, medium, off: ABS - on or off: Fuel Simulation - on or off: 100% race or not?
Do you start the race on Primes or Options?
Car Setup: Roll Bars, Suspension, Wheel Alignment all make a lot of difference as does individual driving style.

I made a clear reference to the fact that several variables play a part in tyre degradation. If you had wanted to me type out every single possible option that can influence tyre wear you're nuts. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, I revert to the et cetera, for that it is meant to include all other options not listed therein. As I wrote, I just wanted something short and to the point. The average amount of laps, what percentage, what throttle setting you used if you found that one setting different greatly from another. I know that driving style has a great affect - just look at Schumacher this past year. But if I have to mention that driving style directly impacts tyre abrasion then such a person has greater issues at hand and should get back to school and pay more attention in remedial physics.

"A concise reply is preferred but please feel free to detail any specifics that may be a variable for any given scenario. Obviously I understand that not all tracks are the same on tyres. The amount of braking, hard-cornering, engine throttle setting, etc, all play key roles. Feel free to note anything that may be relevant for a particular track or differences in results based upon throttle settings..."

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back