Post your first impressions

I don't care what everyone else thinks! I WANT RFACTOR 2!!! :-D I am not able to buy it for a couple of months, but maybe with luck I will win the giveaway contest so I can join in on the fun early!

Until I get it however, I am watching videos on youtube and I am enjoying every second! Please keep those races coming on RD, I want to be able to jump right in and give you the ride of your lives! :):)

(of course I do care what people think. Both positive and negative reviews alike; I judge them equally in these matters =) I am just very hyped because I enjoyed rFactor so much, and because rFactor 2 has some awesome derivatives of the first game, it just makes me that much more excited :))

The graphics engine is grand as it is. It's up to the mod makers and track makers to make textures that use HDR effectively. I've seen some superb rF1 tracks (Virtua LM ring a bell?) that made the most of what was available from a <2005 engine. ISI, good as they are, the cars and tracks themselves are not the highlight on their resume. rFactor's stock content was... Well... Pants. Compare that to say EnduRacers and FSONE. WSGT2 has me shakin' in my boots, as a cowboy would say.

@Grubi: In rF1, that had to be changed in the .ini file. But some cars don't necessarily need a clutch for upshifts as far as I know, but can damage it if done incorrectly. Fine line between broken gearbox and quick shift. But it's just a game, ISI are footing the bill for the gearbox :)

i love it and have no problems at all so far...i do find it a bit hard to get used too setting up wheel and all and i am having one issue and that's mirrors...coming out of pits my mirrors are at side of the car..i should send that to techs at rf2 i guess

Refund requested....i am a shallow person and i like my games to at least look good.....i was playing on Grid last night and if RF2 looked half as good then i would keep it...i wont rule out re-buying again when the game improves as im fully aware that it is a beta...and before anyone posts...i am only comparing the graphics and not anything else.

was underwhelmed yesterday, just checked if everything was on max setting visually (yes, it was) and took a first outing at Spa1967 right now. I am still decidedly not overwhelmed as far as visuals are concerned (and if I play for 90 mins, that is what I look at, after all, for 90 minutes)
screenrFactor.jpg

Wouldnt any picture look really bad with turned down graphics?
problem is: it's all set to max (honest) i7 chip and nVidia card (cant remember which one, but not the worst)

I guess the true strength of rFactor will become apparent once there are many mods and the mod quick install system kicks in, that's gonna be great, but it is not going to happen before summer. I guess we all had a little taste of it, when we could update the Renault series before joining the RD server because they provided the new version especially for that purpose, worked like a charm for me.

While the picture is not pretty, it looks fairly spot on for an overcast day.

I havn't played the game just yet (hoping I win the giveaway :p) but from the pictures and videos I've seen, I'm sorry, but I really don't think it's that bad. I find Shift anf Forza's overuse of effects quite nauseating, we've been made to believe that makes the game look good. rFactor 2 is far from perfect (lack of funding, beta and whatnot) but we played rFactor for years and were happy. Sure, the graphcs generally are not a huge improvement and people want to get bang for buck, but Call of Duty has looked the same for years now but that still keepes breaking records, and that looks far from realistic. Arma 2 is one of the best looking and playing war games out there, but they nearly went bankrupt a few years back.

I should really stop posting in this thread before I get banned or something.

Weird. Looks here like this. This is at high settings.
Dont have the fastest pc also. 4850 512mb Card, 3.00 Ghz, 4GB ram.

L6pzB.jpg
well, the wall on the left looks just as bad, as do the cars on the right and the hillock in the back. your tires look better since they move, but that's about it. Plus: everything looks better on a sunny day (even in virtual reality, lol). The cars one sits in are ace, the rest is just dreary, check out the foliage.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back