Post Processing

I know most folks turn it off to reduce the performance impact...but are any of you guys on VR able to run post Processing during VR track sessions?
I have to turn it completely off in th AC menus, else I get a flickering double image in the HUD.
I don't seem to remember this being the case when I first purchased my Rift.
Anybody else see this?

I know most folks turn it off to reduce the performance impact...but are any of you guys on VR able to run post Processing during VR track sessions?
I have to turn it completely off in th AC menus, else I get a flickering double image in the HUD.
I don't seem to remember this being the case when I first purchased my Rift.
Anybody else see this?
Someone else reported this and it was SweetFX that was causing the problem.

At first, and I mean a couple of months after AC release with the DK2, everything worked pretty good and then slowly it got worse and then it started flickering, double imagine thing. When I asked no one else seemed to be having any problems. Then last month I uninstalled AC and had a hard time finding all the saved program files so I reinstalled it about 3 times before I got it right. Now PP's work. I don't know why? But they didn't before for no reason and now they do for no reason. Got good frame rate too.

sorry if is a offtopic..but.. any know why some pp filters con be adjustable the exposure ehit the re pag and av pag and other no? is frustrating to prove some pp filters and connot adjust the level of exposure....

some filters limit the values for the exposure in order to get more dramatic results, in this cases the image is stuck at whatever exp level the pp wants it.

Last edited:
The PP filters are trivial to edit. One filter is a single file in system/cfg/ppfilters/*.ini

The exposure values are right there, just copy from a filter that has exposure you like into the filter you want to use.

You can also tweak performance by turning off features.

The issue turned out to be one of the mods installed with JSGME quite some time ago.
I'd completely forgotten those.
I had Sweetfx, Peter Boese clouds and TTL weather mods installed.
After removing those mods, I can once again run with PP filters enabled...with no more double, flickering image.
Thanks for the replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years