Post Pictures Thread (part 4)

You aren't the only one with a pickup :cool:
S6w0YVR.png

Just scrubbed the Qlog clean last night. Now she needs a few more raven variants, interior gauge needles, and a proper set of exterior gauges to replace the place holders i'm using for now.
wjmVl0j.png

Update: The variants, interior gauges, and exterior gauges are all taken care of. After I make a few more finishing touches you might just get to drive her tomorrow ;)
Enjoy this awesome burnout until then.
byAgaBq.png

Last edited:
Well this is my latest Panthera screenshot.

The thing I'm most proud of is the atmosphere > sky transition, and how the panorama actually looks like terrain in the distance, not a weird green tinged glowing band! ;) :D

Come on Ruud, this stuff takes 5 mins to fix and look correct! :)

I'm working on that long-ish planned 'visuals' update package that gets rid of the far from optimal default settings and shading and uses ones designed to be both good looking and PBR based, so you can at least get nice looking visuals!

This is just rough tweaks for now on the default content. There are lots of changes I recommend. Interestingly half the changes are either already implemented by Ruud and not used, or were the old approaches but have been superseded by inferior approaches.

For now it's quite easy to adjust things to pleasant settings.

I really hope Ruud realises that the systems he has in place are capable of some great visuals and realism, and technical accuracy too. Sadly the combinations he uses really don't make Panthera shine as well as it can do.
All the bits and pieces are here, it's just put together wrong.

Ideally I'd be using TGA cube maps to fill the scene with nice soft reflected light but sadly that feature is broken in this version of Panthera.

Also to get a nice envmap for this screenie:
I offset the car dof objects x=1000m
Used render_once on envmap (so it's static)
Offset the car back to x=0m
Then 'reload car' so the envmap isn't rendering the inside of the car rather than the environment.

gallardo_10.jpg

edited:
lighting.cg
constants.cg
hdr.cg
atmosphere.cg
racer.ini, envmap, visibility, bloom

track tod curves
sky texture
sky shader
panorama shader
asphalt shaders

I've also made a 'changelog' explaining all the changes and why I've made them.

Cheers

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back