Post Pictures Thread (part 4)

Google earth confirms that it's not the real Lime Rock.
Hello Bob,
ok if you say that i beleve, but in readme from original author:
Trackname: LIME ROCK MOUNTAIN
Version: V1.0
Year of creation: 2004
Racing sim: NASCAR Racing 2003
Author(s): Dan Olbuck

and...:
Description:
This is an original version of historic Lime Rock Park Mountain Course in Lakeville, CT. The Mountain Course was planned when the track was first built in 1957, but never completed. This version is not accurate to the original - I have cut down trees and paved the forest. Track layout is from satellite imaging and topographic maps, the best data I could find. The course is 2.93 miles in length and sports 11 turns and 200 feet/62 meters of elevation change. This configuration provides a frontstretch length of over 3,000 feet/940 meters.

...this was every thing i had and know...but eh...no problem to ceep it private...i do not must release...

Alex,
Having spent many years attending races at Lime Rock, that is one item that I had never heard before. I never looked into the history of the track other than the original owner was named Jim Vell. The track was bought by
Jim Haynes in 1964 and ran it for 20 some odd years. Haynes is now with road America.

Note that on the other side or the banking going thru the "No-Name" straight there is a swamp infested with rattlesnakes and when going under the bridge at the top of the hill just before the S/F straight drivers alwaays duck. It's that low, only about 8ft off the pavement.

Last edited:
Some drifting fun in the FD :D
FD_drift.jpg

Hi QCM,

That moon lit sky is actually with the sun at about 4:30pm in my TOD curve.

Then I ran figures near to what are realistic for the moon in kLux and kinda cascaded things back from there.

So I just run some odd values to get the night looking 'ok' but I'm still not happy with it.

The moon was made better looking with editing out an over-exposed moon and putting in one that wasn't blown out so much. I think there is more work to do with this sky though!

The key to it all really is using full sky textures and ignoring the in-built sky rendering system in atmosphere.cg.
As per previous threads where I discussed it, it's just not responding as it should do and is meaning we use wrong values and just cascade bad settings through everything. Not ideal.
These skies are intensity and roughly colour correct to real life, nothing special just going by the maths and the theory and it's turning out more realistic... unsurprisingly :D

You'll be able to see and have a play over Christmas I hope on my WIP test track.

Yeah the whole AMD thing is a bummer. The drivers/glsl support and all that stuff are still issues for nvidia though. I've noted the new drivers have caused some old shaders to behave funny even on nvidia cards.

So some old functions are not working right (now not formally supported on nvidia drivers but iirc they were in the past)... so stuff like saturate needs to be replaced with clamp etc.

Best add a pic because that is what the thread is all about:
View attachment 44067

That was the best I could get out of Racer 9 years ago... which makes me think we have some catching up to do!
Oodles of potential in the current Racer we have imo :D

Dave

Whoa.. it's been so long. I still talk to some people from that era though. I had the nn "L.B.".

http://stblogs.hotrod.com/files/2014/01/street_outlaws_drag_week_hot_rod_jeff_lutz_discovery.jpg
Just needs some ridiculously wide slicks bolted to the rim... this one doesn't really look as fast as it is either, 210mph 7 second quarter miles.
Yeah difference between Lutz's Bel Air, and the one i did is, mine was built for top speed to run at Bonneville. Has a 409, that somehow is pushing over 1000hp (used a dyno program to get the numbers). You can drive the thing almost like a normal car below about 3000 rpm, but the clutch is real touchy. Gotten it up to 283mph so far though.
screenshot067_zpsc01bae31.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back