Post Pictures Thread (part 4)

I've always kinda wondered why the F2002 has those incandescent white faces on it... what happened to the polygons? To make them so angry? It's got more on the other side, if I remember right... no good direction to view from.

Tinkering around with Lunghezza.

new_lunghezza.jpg

I've always kinda wondered why the F2002 has those incandescent white faces on it... what happened to the polygons? To make them so angry? It's got more on the other side, if I remember right... no good direction to view from.
I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out, now its almost got that hum you might hear from a loud fluorescent bulb, at least to me lol. Turn that light off Whippy!

I've opened the .AR up to access the DOF files... I've fixed the smooth groups mostly and re-exported, so all these weird glowing polygon issues etc are gone now.

Getting there slowly but surely.

f1_2002_2.jpg

Next job is to make the helmet a separate item so it moves when you brake/steer etc.

Then the wheels need normals fixing. I might just make them smoother too so they look less jaggedy.

Probably gonna make a really nice tyre shader (using the IBL one Stereo and I developed) so they will look super nice and realistic.

Physics is coming along OK, I've asked Cosmo to help too and I think we're collaborating on that, since he is also updating another F1 car I think, so we at least have two F1 cars to race against each other that *should* be fairly well matched but different characters :D

Kudos to the original authors that it's visually updated so relatively easily and still looks so good with contemporary shading etc!

Dave

Wow, those cars are looking very nice there Harey and Silver Ranger!

I still keep wanting to make a great generic driver + hands so cars can start to have people in them (not all of them do of course)

Dave
Yeah that would be good, the 442 was originally converted by AMGfan, and I've altered some things on it to make it more realistic, but he tends to put a driver in, and I've been getting bored with his looks, so I slightly changed him too lol. Plus now he fits better in 70s cars.
screenshot036_zps1c6c6acc.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back