Post Pictures thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scénic II again :D screenshot167 copie.jpgscreenshot174 copie.jpgscreenshot178 copie.jpgscreenshot176 copie.jpg

• Tiberius

EoD:

The Fiesta, those textures were some really nice photos I found on a website somewhere a long time ago. It's a really simple car to make, a few box shapes and then just a couple of circles cut in for wheel arches and a couple of rows of faces cut into the sides to give some curve to reflect light nicer and make it appear less boxy. Then just squeeze the photos onto a single texture and duplicate a layer with just the details so that the body colour can be changed with a separate multiply colour layer. The Capri was harder to do, that was just the lowest LOD model from the Capri I made with some bits copied from the Fiesta, the body texture is straight from the baked one I did for the Capri in Blender.

I made loads of stuff a while back, objects for tracks like buildings, cars, fences, small things like lampposts etc. Was going to release them in one big Blender file so people could make a track in Blender and just drag and drop loads of ready made objects over into it like a proper game editor, before I deleted everything without checking whether the backups were good or not..

About the track, it was originally meant to be in the UK, a track with mainly high speed sections and slightly larger than Carlswood, in a large park type terrain - a bit like Four Oaks or Forest Park I guess. Problem is, the sky lighting in Racer ATM looks more like southern America, nice in the shots but you'd never see a sky like that in the UK :-/

While RSC was down I learned how to convert, and here is the result!:cool:
It won't be released, because it has many things riped from other cars. But i am very happy with the result! Tomorrow I will post screens of the two other cars that I converted!

racer 2009-12-30 23-47-11-33.jpgracer 2009-12-30 23-47-31-92.jpgracer 2009-12-30 23-47-22-53.jpg

M50s conversions are a waste of time. Bit more power, bit more weight over the front axle. On a corner-rich race track, they'd run similar laptimes. Tune the M20 with half as much money as you'd spend on an M50 conversion, and the M20 will be better.

Cool to have in Racer though

M50s conversions are a waste of time. Bit more power, bit more weight over the front axle. On a corner-rich race track, they'd run similar laptimes. Tune the M20 with half as much money as you'd spend on an M50 conversion, and the M20 will be better.

Cool to have in Racer though

m50 and m52 are better than m20... and m52 is lighter then m20 iron block....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back