F1 2011 Post Patch 2 Tyre Bug Workaround

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
So far we have got 2 tyre bug both that has taken a few hours to find a workaround on the CM forums.

1st When exiting the pits if you use the drive out option you will put wear onto a different set of tires each time you go out in the same session even if you select the same tyre.

The workaround for this is to use the Flying Lap instead, although not perfect for the likes of me who like my outlap it does solve the issue.

The problem is this in race weekends tyre wear at the end of each session is being transfered from one session to another.

To avoid this part of the bug all you need to do is upon returning to the pits is select a completely fresh set of tires.

Hopefully both items will be sorted out by other means.

Unfortunately R&D objectives have no workaround so i guess the quicker you manage to do the time the better.

Not sure about online mode will update above as and when I find out.

Thank you to all the PS3 guys over at CM forums for taking the time to straighten it out.

Another way is if you don't have an R&D session just do the practice as you normally would and at the end choose restart session making sure you saved all setups. Then when new session starts skip to next one. It wont work in quali but practice it does the trick.

Hi everyone,
I have a problem......after installing the patch 1.1 and 1.2 I can't save the game any more, so I'm not able to go ahead in my career. Does anyone know a way to solve this problem? Thanks guys

Yeah this was a kick in the balls for me after ponying up and buying f1 2011 after downloading it and racing a season. Didnt have the bug issues with my 'stolen' torrented self updated and patched version. So i bought the game only to end up with broken save games, and now having to uninstall the legit copy to bring it back to a playable state.

Not really an issue for me as i dont play online races. I have no interest in having my hard work ruined by people who cant drive ramming me off the road.

Rather frustrating to put the game into professional difficulty mode, spend the first weekend of the new season planning out strategy and making sure i had a fresh set of tyres for each run, and my fastest lap set on fresh tyres in quali, only to find myself on a set of 40% tyres on pole position.

**I own f1 2011 as it is a great game that is worth paying for. I do not use my legitimate copy of said game as it is buggy as hell and unfixable so i reverted back to a downloaded copy, as is my right to have a copy of software i own, and it should be everyones right not to have to pay for software that doesnt work or is half assed. You know, like TOCA 3 on PC was.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back