Post for drivers who have no life and need to post every 3 secs to keep admin hapy

Hardware trouble

I have to cancel the Abu Dhabi race. My brake hardware is broken.
I wrote to Andy Pastore and asked him nicely if he could send me some spare parts. I haven't got any reply yet. I hope I can mend the brake before the Interlagos race.
The load sensor brake was installed in the beginning of 2010 and I'm used to it now. I tried to map the brake function to the clutch pedal but it feels like all brake fluid has leaked out. If I use that setting at Abu Dhabi I will be at least ten laps after the guys I don't crash out of the race. That is if I manage to go the distance.

I hope admin will be happy about this. If that's not the case, I'm very sorry for posting in the wrong thread J :)

The Admin is never happy to see racers miss races, but at the same time he understands that when the brakes does not work it is not safe to race :) The admin hopes Andy Pastore send you the spare parts as soon as possible :)

I hope you can fix nasty problem As soon as your hardware and difficult to use the clutch to brake! I know something happened to me last season when I was doing perhaps the best season after 3 races I've tried to use the clutch until even that and playing with the really difficult problems, and adapt quickly to finish the race i would say almost impossible for you i hope you can fix in time for Interlagos!

Thanks for your friendly words.
Andy Pastore at apelectrix, maker of the fantastic load sensor brake mod for G25/G27, answered my message and offered to send me the spares. I also bought a complete mod to have a spare when it happens again. I have the brake calibrated in a "real life" style. To get 100% brake force I have to press very hard. I use shoes when I drive. One and a half year durability is more then could be expected considering my violent use I guess.

Have you seen this? PSRTV download from:
http://psrtv-iracing.s3.amazonaws.com/video/Event/2011_iPROC-720.wmv
http://www.psrtv.com/archive/

Former Ferrari F1 driver Stefan Johansson and many other stars are simracing!

2011 iRacing.com Pro Race of Champions

2011-12-14 - Charlotte & Watkins Glen
iRacing_ProRace.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back