Possible to replace DYNhud with GID?

I'm having some issues with DYNhud such as
1) map not showing up (all I see is dots)
2) sometimes when I go on track it's all frozen, gear is not changing, speed is always 0 and fuel is not being consumed. I have to ESC out and go back on track
3) sometimes when I ESC out I get a black screen. I have to go back on track and disable DYNhud to fix it
4) my tires and brakes widget down not look like what I've seen on the screenshots and videos here at RD. still usable but tells me that something is wrong.

I feel that most of those issues has something to do with that I run 3 screens, haven't tried signle screen as this is not an option for me anyway

Now, is it possible to replace DYNhud with GID as I never had issues with GID in rf1 nor SCE in the past

I'm having some issues with DYNhud such as
1) map not showing up (all I see is dots)
2) sometimes when I go on track it's all frozen, gear is not changing, speed is always 0 and fuel is not being consumed. I have to ESC out and go back on track
3) sometimes when I ESC out I get a black screen. I have to go back on track and disable DYNhud to fix it
4) my tires and brakes widget down not look like what I've seen on the screenshots and videos here at RD. still usable but tells me that something is wrong.

I feel that most of those issues has something to do with that I run 3 screens, haven't tried signle screen as this is not an option for me anyway

Now, is it possible to replace DYNhud with GID as I never had issues with GID in rf1 nor SCE in the past
Your not alone I have all the exact same issues, it works fine without multiview turned OFF also. I am sure they will fix this issue soon.

Last edited:
yes of course it's possible——use GID version for GSCe v1.50 or above,replace the original d3d9.dll in AMS main folder,then rename the AMS.exe to GSC.exe——so it works!

BUT!!!
the GID plugin will take about 20 fps, this is much more than dynhud

yes of course it's possible——use GID version for GSCe v1.50 or above,replace the original d3d9.dll in AMS main folder,then rename the AMS.exe to GSC.exe——so it works!

BUT!!!
the GID plugin will take about 20 fps, this is much more than dynhud
Are you sure about that? GiD is a lot more stable than DynHUD here. I really dislike Java based stuff

Hey Guys, I like some widgets from DynHud, but I'm so used to use GID that is being hard to adapt. I tried to install GID and it just work when a create another AMS.exe and rename it to GSC.exe. Is almost the same what happened when GSC moved to Steam.

When GSC moved to steam a very nice person changed something in the GID and shared it with us, to well use it on Steam. Do you know who is this guy and if he can do the same for AMS?

Copying, paste and rename the GSC.exe disable the Multiplayer function, because to start a multiplayer session it should be by steam and the steam always open (is mapped) to AMS.exe....

Someone can help us?

I'd like to continue to use GiD in AMS. Mostly due to the LCD layout they have and specially the fuel per lap part that is not present in AMS custum DynHUD, this helps me a lot to decide what to do in online races when I need to push or save fuel (is this possible in Dyn?)

I'd like to continue to use GiD in AMS. Mostly due to the LCD layout they have and specially the fuel per lap part that is not present in AMS custum DynHUD, this helps me a lot to decide what to do in online races when I need to push or save fuel (is this possible in Dyn?)
Open the editor and add a fuel widget. It will show all possible information regarding fuel. You can edit the widget to your liking.

After editing do I have to do anything else? I edited it a lot but in game no changes appear
which one did you edit? overlay.ini?
there is also a Overlay_Race.ini which is the HUD for the race only, If you are using the same HUD for both practice and race you can actually delete the overlay_race.ini and it will use the overlay.ini for all sessions

Thanks, deleting the one for race worked. I use the same on any session anyway
Now playing with it to find out how to do stuff. Would like if the flags worked, I only get green flag before the race even begin (I think it's needed, custom flag is too small) and then it doesn't work anymore

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 165 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.4%