1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Possible London GP?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Bradley Capps-Jenner, Jun 22, 2012.

1. I really do hope not.

2. Couldnt disagree with you any more. Why not man ? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

All depends on the track...

4. indeed Xose.

5. Well as Xose said, it really depends on the track.. But wouldn't this mean the loss of Silverstone?

6. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

Or a new European GP?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Probably it would substitute Valencia, don't know if at the end of the contract in 2016 I think, or now in case of Valencia not willing to continue.

2 GPs in UK are very doable, there is a huge fanbase and for many people like me its cheaper than going to Valencia because the low cost flights available for London in almost every airport.

Valencia isn't as good as we expected, but maybe in London they do a better work and it ends being a great crowded track.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If they make a street track inspired by the US, then ok.
    Otherwise please don't...

9. Sounds like Bernie's just bored now and his current theme is 'Iconic Cities'. First New York, Cape Town, now this.

10. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

Edit, nevermind. Wrong info

11. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

It won't happen. There's no room to put up grand stands anywhere in central London.

12. Does everyone need a GP now?

Aren't we supposed to be in a financial crisis?

13. Bernie doesn't know the meaning of financial crisis, cause he has a lot of money :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. they would probably alternate, but it's no secret F1 and the fans have wanted a GP in london (street circuit) which won't happen, so this is the closest thing to it.

15. And apparently this is the track:

[​IMG]

16. AFAIK Valencia/Barcelona will start alternating from next season (2013), so there will be a gap for a new GP.

17. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

For once I agree with something Bernie says. ''It'll be better than the olympics''

He's right. (Let's not mention that putting the drivers in Lada's and asking them to do 300 laps of Trafgalgar Sqaure would be better than the olympics).

18. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Funny thing is Silverstone can't go because of its long term contract so it will have to be a European GP.