• "Frankly, I know what's wrong but don't know how to fix it." - Bernie Ecclestone.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The 2017 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix. Join the conversation here.
  3. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Possibility of low-res tracks/textures

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by Risto Kappet, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Ratings:
    +49
    I hope i dont speak for just myself but maybe some others with less computing power:
    Would it be possible for the honoured mappers of STC to also create track versions with less eye-candy, background facilities and moving stuff? If less distraction seems unfair, then maybe just lowered texture quality - i wouldnt mind at all to drive in darkness with just the track and the borders visible to gain a decent framerate, or then again if it seems as an advantage, for example replacing the highly polygonized grandstands and fences with single-coloured blobs lol.

It might be already late to ask this as the season is underway, but some more graphics-demanding tracks like Le mans are ahead and it is just a suggestion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.