1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Tracks Portland (Vanport) - CART 1998 3.0

Portland for GSCEx

1. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Portland (Vanport) - CART 1998 - Portland for GSCEx

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Excellent update to this great track, thank you :)

3. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Sorry, posted in the wrong section (cars). Just sent a message to Nox to move it.

4. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

It really could be an official track, Patrick. Amazing job, thank you!

5. Crashes for me and after that error it says it failed to load gmt for gblades
    Untitled.jpg

6. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Wow. Strange. Nobody reported a crash. Another mystery :O_o:

Try to re-dl perhaps.

7. I did and still same error.

8. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Hmmm. If the texture was not there, everybody would get a crash, including me.
    Will see what can be done but Not sure to find something

9. I fixed it, deleted the Shared folder and re synced and it loads, dont know why it did that.

10. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Extra mod?
    Anyway, just enjoy now :)

11. FYI: invisible hole at back side of pits where the skidmarks are in the below pic:
    2015-04-04_00001.jpg

12. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Thank you. :)

But what did you do There ?:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

Anyone else getting massive frame-rate slow downs on most corners (racing from back of 19 car grid)? For the most part, I have zero issues with frame-rate in GSCE at 5860x1080 with a single GTX 980 but this track I'm dropping down to 25 FPS, normally I can maintain 60 FPS on the other @Patrick Giranthon tracks.
    Edit: I was running the CART Extreme cars.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Wondering If road dust is not the cause. Alex added dust on sides of the fastlane trajectory.
    On my side i have a low framerate at starts because of that

15. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I assume when you mention "Alex" you are referring to GSCE changes made to v1.3/1.31. I have only tried a couple tracks but just noticed the CART Extreme and Vanport combo causing me huge slowdowns. I will have to try more later today.

16. Yea, it's the road dust. It's absolutely killing my framerate as well and as soon as the dust disappears the framerate shoots back up. Somewhat weird though, on the official tracks which have dust as well the hit isn't nearly as noticeable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium Member

Thanks Patrick ( again! ) for bringing this one up to GSCE standards. You know what's cool about this track? I've been racing there myself for around 30yrs. Thursday night motocross baby! And now , I live about 1.2 miles from the track , so on Sat-Sun mornings when the cars are running I can hear them plain as day. Not with the windows closed , but if the windows are open , it's like waking up late to sweet music! The sounds of Romping V8's , V6's and some 4 bangers hitting the rev limiter! Yeehaawww!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. You can reduce this the same as the official tracks.
    Take a look in the tdf file, for lines relating to reaction=skid and reaction=dust
    Now look for example at the same lines in Montreal.TDF

You will see that the Max= is much higher in this Portland track.
    Look for all these instances and lower these numbers to the same values as the official tracks and you should see the FPS improve.

Hope that helps.

• Beer Beer x 3
  19. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Will try to do a patch

20. R.J. O'Connell

R.J. O'Connell
    Premium Member

Yeah, I can't make it out of the paddock area. Haven't found a way to avoid falling through that hole at the back of the pits.

Fantastic track otherwise!