• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Port Forwarding - Google Fiber

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Chefmark, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Chefmark

Chefmark

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having an issue setting up port forwarding on my google fiber router. Seems to be a lack of information out there regarding rfactor 2 and google router. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,380
    IMO: There are already enough rF2 servers available. Personally i recommend to invite your friends to join the RD clubraces. :)
    Or if you want to organise races yourself at RD: contact @Joseph Wright and @Frank .

Which ports to forward is in the steam guide.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=dutch&id=553030951

(These are the default ports, assuming you have not reassigned ports in your player.JSON file)

54297 TCP + UDP
    64297 TCP
    64298 UDP
    64299 UDP

How to forwarding ports on your router: it's different for evey router. It should be in the routers manual. Or in your case you could do google search. :)

Make sure your PC has a static IP in your network, or you might end up changing the forwarding IP in your router every time you reboot your PC. :barefoot:

And also make sure your internet upload and download are bulky enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chefmark

Chefmark

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, I think my issue is with my firewall