Porsche setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
I need some help setting up my Porsche for Imola. I've been racing round the track, and using the race2play excel sheet to try and help me set up the car properly. However, the setup options for the Porsche is severely limited.

Coming into the Villeneuve curve I get understeer, while round the rest of the circuit I get oversteer. Under braking the back wants to break away, but that could be because I've adjusted the brake balance too far towards the back. But I did this, because the front wheels kept locking up.

I have managed to get the tyres into a reasonable state with the temperatures, but I would just like a car that's a little more stable under braking and acceleration.:frusty::censored:

Please note, I have managed to spell Porsche right this time :thumb:

To help with the brakes, lower the brake pressure by about 10% and then push the bias to the front again a little.

As you said, the settings are very limited so its pretty hard to sort the setup for each track, so you just may have to take the corner a little slower as a compromise.

Brakes in PCC are the most difficult brakes I ever encountered in a SIM, the front tends to lock up very fast but when finding a balance between front and rear makes the rear snap out easely. As said before training the foot is the only solution :S

A few things that work for me:-
Detach rear ARB
Set front ARB to lowest attached value (2.7?)
Brake balance 62/38
front camber -5.2
rear camber -6.0
rear wing typically 6
steerling lock 19 (with dfp wheel @ 900 lock)

Those camber figures may shock some, but they can cope like that for just under 20 minutes ;)

Thanks man , I'll try those settings. It is for a 25 lap race though, so I see a pit stop maybe. Mind you, with the speeds I get I'll be lapped anyway, so it won't make much difference :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 125 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 98 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.7%