LnhWIT-yBvM.jpg

Nd8UuLUfG_s.jpg

QKRioF1IT5M.jpg

GIdiujvWHcs.jpg

LpQxLf1XJb4.jpg

WlVA-DCGx-Y.jpg

Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual Transmission
Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK

Anybody wanna guess what is going to be the main difference here that actually justifies to have 2 separate versions of it? I'm kinda clueless :unsure:
The PDK may shift faster in the game. It doesn't really seem that they are counting them totally as 2 different vehicles in terms of what they promised though. They said there were 7 cars per pack and that pack has 9 cars listed so they aren't counting the Boxsters or the 962 twice.

Hmm yeah true but an S1 version just for faster shifts that hardly anybody will notice anyways?
Seems sorta odd to me, dunno.

Anyhow, what kinda surprised me however is the fact that there are no vintage road cars. I mean at least one old school 911 woulda been pretty cool, no?

Hmm yeah true but an S1 version just for faster shifts that hardly anybody will notice anyways?
Seems sorta odd to me, dunno.

Anyhow, what kinda surprised me however is the fact that there are no vintage road cars. I mean at least one old school 911 woulda been pretty cool, no?
Pack 1 has 1973 911 RSR and Pack 2 has the 718 Spyder (I believe they were sold as road cars).

Unfortunately, you can't cover anywhere near everything with just 21 cars when you're talking about Porsche.

One of them is H-pattern and the other is flappy paddles.

Dood, I know what the difference between a stickshift and a PDK is, that wasn't the question :p:p:p:p

Pack 1 has 1973 911 RSR and Pack 2 has the 718 Spyder (I believe they were sold as road cars).

The cars in the packs are clearly race versions from the pictures, so that doesn't really meet my question I put out there.

The cars in the packs are clearly race versions from the pictures, so that doesn't really meet my question I put out there.

I don't think there is a difference between the 718 that was sold to the public and the one that was sold to teams (but it's well before my time). Regardless, yes I agree with your original post; it'd be great to have a standard classic road going 911 (the 73 RS would be great). And the original Carerra. And the 911 SC from the 80s? And the 912. And moving on, the 914, 944, 928, 356, 550... And that's the problem, in releasing just 21 Porsches there is going to be truly iconic mega cars that are missing.

Dood, I know what the difference between a stickshift and a PDK is, that wasn't the question :p:p:p:p

So what was your question anyway, if you do know the difference between a sequential, paddle operated gear box, and a manual, gate shifted one.:O_o:

Be reassured not to be the only one missing those classic 911's. The non-exploitation of the Ferrari license to produce more historical models is another source of personal frustration. Although this may all come down to licensing restrictions and/or customer expectations...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back