1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche Mobil1 Supercup @ Doningthon Park National - Saturday September 4th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup (by ZeZeZoom)
    Track: Doningthon Park National

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Sunday)

Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins (21:45 EST)
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  2. Here's a little motivational footage! :)

3. Entry List:

1. Stefan Werner
    2. Steve Crossland
    3. Rhys Gardiner
    4. driver
    5. driver
    6. drive
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. John Amutenya (maybe)
    15. Tony Prosser (maybe)
  4. Where is everyone? This is a Killer mod!!!!!
  5. I was a little late getting this thread up.
  6. ok ok , I'll try to be there
  7. I'd be up for this too if it goes ahead...
  8. I'll try to be there too.
  9. Server is up! :)
  10. Track is coming up as unknown. I uninstalled and redownloaded from link and reinstalled but it is still coming up as unknown. Works fine in practice. Any suggestions? I have alot of mods installed but not very many tracks, less than 20.
  11. Oops, I had the server set to the wrong track for some reason. I switched it to Doningthon and reset the server, so it should work now. Sorry about that.
  12. It's working now. :)
  13. Its late and I'm tired, but I love Porsches so I'll try and make this one.
  14. I've uploaded a setup called mine. John says "it's actually really good". So far I got 1:11.711. This is the first setup I've uploaded so any feedback would be nice, good or bad. I'm learning to use motec and it's the best 13 dollars I've ever spent.
  15. Guys, Steve has just said that he won't make this now...
  16. me please
  17. Watched the replay of race 2 and I believe I cut down into Russel causing a chain reaction in turn 1. I thought I was following Stefans line. My fault, sorry guys.
  18. Race1: Starting from 2nd on the grid, I was gifted the lead as Eric and Rhys got tangled. Then on about lap 5 or 6 my problems started and I crashed out of the lead taking on a front right puncture at the end of the front straight, so I had to do a full lap to get back to the pits. If that wasn't bad enough, I collected a stop 'n go for speeding in the pit lane. That was pretty much it for race one. Finished last.

Race2: Started from pole and got a good start and was gifted a comfortable lead as everyone behind me seemed to go off in turn 1. About half way through the race the car started handling weird again. It was really unpredictable when the rear end would come around (usually under braking) and it wasn't giving the feedback I needed. So after a few drifts I finally ran off and had to let Eric past down the back straight. I tried to stay close to him, but I had another bit off about 2 laps later. Thankfully there wasn't any one close behind me and I was able to salvage 2nd.

Really not satisfied with that result as I crashed out of a comfortable lead in both races. Really weird, but I still had fun wrestling these beasts around the track. See you all next time. :)
  19. Lightning took out my connection
  20. Qualifying: Pole. I had barely practiced at all before this event, so I was pleasantly surprised with my pace.

Race 1: I was accidentally taken out in T1, but there were no hard feelings - Eric, you didn't have to wait, but thanks all the same. I focused on getting back to the front, which I eventually did due to others' mishaps, and from then on it was an easy victory.

Race 2: Another T1 incident, but this time I was the aggressor. I accidentally spun John around, but waited for him and had a good fight with him for a lap or two. I eventually cleared him and tried pushing hard to catch Eric and Stefan up, since I was very far back. I was just over a corner's worth of track away from them when things got a bit hairy under brakes and I punctured a tyre. Off to the pits for a new one, and I managed to keep 3rd since I was far ahead of the rest of the field. I just cruised around for the last few laps, seeing as 40 seconds' worth of time is hard to make up in the amount of laps I had left. I managed to finish 3rd.

I hope I can make at least one more of these Porsche events now that my other league is taking a break. Thanks Stefan and co. for making this happen, and thanks everyone for the fun racing... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.