1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche Mobil1 Supercup @ Barcelona 07 - Saturday September 11th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup
    (by ZeZeZoom)
    Track: T2L Barcelona 07

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Sunday)

Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins (21:45 EST)
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x20 mins

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  2. Entry List:

1. Stefan Werner
    2. Hassan Khan
    3. John Amutenya
    4. Chris Rigby
    5. Jesper Taulborg
    6. drive
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. Eric Nelson - maybe
    15. Steve Crossland (maybe)
  3. Please sign me up for this Stefan
  4. Sign me up. I had a bad race last time. I wanna do better here.
  5. Maybe, depends on what time my FPPS race finishes
  6. sign me up please :)
  7. I'll take a mebbe on this. never driven the track.........
  8. Sign me up:)
  9. Hello!

Please, sign me in as a maybe.
  10. Server is up!!!
  11. I'm struck down with the flu, but there is racing to be done!
  12. I would like in please.
  13. I was there, fun as per usual!
  14. As Russell said, a very fun event.

Qualifying: 3rd. I couldn't match Jesper's pace, but I was only a tenth or so off Steve.

Race 1: I started well, and flip-flopped between 2nd, 3rd and 4th all race long - I had a couple of slip-ups, but had gotten back to 3rd by the last lap and was pressuring Chris for 2nd. Unfortunately I took him off in the last chicane... I did the polite thing and waited, but lost two positions in the process. So a 4th place finish - not bad considering.

Race 2: I started well again, and managed to make my way up to 2nd again. I was pressuring Chris for the lead, and eventually got by him after the hairpin. I stayed in the lead for the rest of the race, taking another PMSC win. :D

These events really need bigger grids... if you're reading this and aren't driving in these races, you're missing out on something special. Thanks Stefan and Eric for setting the event up as usual, and thanks to all the competitors... it was a Sunday morning well-spent.
  15. Such a long time since i fired Evo up and raced the Porsches,i thought track knowledge would come in handy but found a layout of Barca ive never been on,a sketchy off the pace race one ending in 2nd after stuff happening ahead.
    Race 2 i clicked some more things around in setup and was getting along a bit better now,still lost out too much at the new final turns sector,managed to get a slightly more worthy 2nd place which involved some racing for it.

Thank You Stefan & RD
  16. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Gary why are you Rank 1 but i cant see u name in the Rankings list?
  17. Gary elected to stay out of the ranking fray some time ago and Admins have not removed the ranking tag in his profile block
  18. This event was a real struggle for me. I've never struggled this much with any other mod. Is there a trick to setting up these cars lol? All I messed around with was the camber, tire pressure, wing, steering lock, and fuel. Just couldn't get the car balanced, it was extremely twitchy.

Fun event nonetheless! Thanks everyone.
  19. I seem to be good in the porsches for a couple of laps but can't seem to manage the tyres at all.
    I think it may be due to stepping out of the F1 & straight into these 'Hairdresser Specials' and braking far too late. The poor car ends up sliding into corners and overheating the rear tyres.
    Anyway, after 4 hours sleep after my gig on Saturday night and then 4 hours straight at the PC behind the wheel for my FPPS race I jumped into the Porsche server but it probably wasn't a good idea. I put a few good laps in but ran out of time getting the setup sorted.

Qualified 2nd, not bad.
    Race 1 had a good start & was doing well to stay with the leader for the 1st half of the race. Small mistakes as described abover saw me lose too much time & I ended up spinning at some point to let Chris & Rhys through. Finished 4th.

Decided I'd had enough sim racing at that point & left to spend some quality time with the Lawn Mower.

Thanks for the race...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.