1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge @ Montréal - Friday 26th June 2015

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Daiman Patel, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]

Event Details:
    Server:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM PORSCHE
    Track: Montréal
    Car: Apex Modding GT3 Porsche (Sounds), BES Porsche (Sounds)

Weather: Dry
    Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
    Tyre wear: Normal
    Fuel use: 1x
    Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists
    Traction control:
    Low
    ABS: Low
    Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
    Practice:
    19:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:15 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
    Warm up: 19:25 GMT - 5 minutes
    Race: 19:30 GMT - 30 minutes [standing start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
    Server password: Click here
    Racing rules: Click here
    GMT Clock: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

1. David O'Reilly
    2. Daiman Patel *
    3. Rui F. Martins
    4. Andrew Pienaar
    5. Sharjeel Riaz
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. ...
    Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!

utp: 17

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

We seem to be using the Apex modding car lately instead of the BES 911. Will we see it again soon?
    We had both at Road America and their pace was very similar but IMO the BES car has better handling due to the ability to adjust diff on power and coast side separately. The Apex car you have to choose between turn in oversteer (low diff lock) or exit understeer (high diff lock).
    The BES car also has more drag, Apex a little fast.
    Just asking.
    Thanks.

3. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

Ah, David! It's great to see you here again mate! :thumbsup: My apologies, I chose the Apex Modding version because I thought it was preferred following the last update, not to mention that I had almost completely forgotten about the BES version. :redface: Saying this, I too think that the BES 911 is the better mod; that race we had at Poznan has scarred me for life! :laugh: I can update the server to use both versions of the car, if you like. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

The therapy I had after Poznan in the early version 1 has helped, but yes when I see Apex 911 I flinch a little still!
    I would love you to run the BES 911 and will be there to race if so.
    I did a back to back test on the two cars a few months ago (Apex and BES) and the new Apex was a big improvement, but still the BES is the benchmark (IMO).
    It was interesting at Road America with both types in a 90 min race.
    The Apex had us off the line (low Cd), (my theses was* Gijs had higher diff lock and I was able to drive under him on a fast corner, another good driver had less diff lock and he kept having isues on turn entry. So despite lower top speed the BES was better over race distance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

The server has been updated - both versions of the car should now be available to drive! :D Let me know if there are any issues.

6. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

sign me up please :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sign me please.

8. Really sorry, scrub that, you are running an ancient version of the bes mod that has been so improved since then. :(

9. James Maskell

James Maskell
    "Remember the name! Tommy Vercetti!"

Why not post the links to the newer version and suggest that they use that one instead ;).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

In what way has it been improved?
    Personally I am delighted with the version I have and have spent many hours testing and driving various 911 mods that are not as good. I dont want to update unless its clearly better and more or as authentic.
    @Petra Sklenarova
    can you enlighten us?
    I drove it about 2 months ago HERE and it was fantastic. Pretty sure it was V1.0 Any changes?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  11. petra has updated all the cars in the bes mod since 1.1 better textures, graphics,sounds,physics,lightflares etc etc, ill drop a link when im at my pc

12. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

It might not be wise using the updated mod for this race, as people are accustomed to v1.0; however, we can certainly move to the new version in the future. :D I can run a club race with them next week, if you like? :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

Just to let you know, the BES Porsche finds a slight speed bump (which it tends to do on some tracks ) just before braking zone for the hairpin end S2 and on pit straight occasionally.
    It doesnt affect the lap, just a little jolt.

Fuel is 2.16 lit/lap
    Prob 18 laps so 40 lit.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  14. let me try this , beem me up

• Like Like x 2
  15. theres 2 extra updates the server wants to download but problem is its not downloading

16. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

Which updates do you mean? You can download the required mods for the server via the links in the first post.

UPDATE:
    The links to the required sound mods are missing. I'll add these now. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sharjeel

Sharjeel
    Being 2nd is to be the 1st of the ones who lose. Premium Member

Sign me up

• Like Like x 1
  18. im going to have to pull out , we have electricity load shedding in the land again and it will only be back on at 20:00 GMT

19. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly

If we are only 4 drivers should we skip Quali?? I'm happy to start second row.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

I might join you guys as well, provided I arrive home in time from work. Either way, I'm happy for qualifying to be skipped. :thumbsup: