Porsche Cup car has been released.

Did you have a chance to drive RaceRoom version? It’s quite unstable with max brake pressure and generally tricky to drive. I read it’s not that easy to drive IRL

As I've stated earlier: the Supercup is a feeder series. So basically it suppose to teach u how to be a good GT driver. If u are fast in the Cup car you'll be fast in any other GT car. Just like if you're fast in a F3 car you'll be fast in F1 too, generally speaking.

OK guys, I tested the car on the Nordschleife for a few laps.

The Camber in the default setup is set to crazy values. Front and back Camber was at -5°. So you never got heat into the tires, because the car doesn't roll that much, too let the tires lay flat on the track in corners.

Lowering the negative Camber to -3.2° on the front and -2.6° on the back heats the tires evenly if you push a little bit.

Much more grip in corners and more stable now. You get heat to rhe front pretty quick now. Maybe a little less pressure on the back is needed to.
You should read a little, it's well known that 5 degrees and even more is what the car uses iRL. If it's not heating up it's either you didn't do proper warmup or a flaw in the simulation.

Last edited:
I usually run pretty low camber around the Nordschleife though so he might have a point there.
In AC I always run the car up to the point where there's too little camber at the max G of a corner. You get a nicer entry and higher possible acceleration at the exit.
You do get some understeer at the peak though...

You basically run no kerbs around this track so compared to normal tracks you don't really need the addition 1 or 2 degrees of camber to ride kerbs.

But I also have to say that during club races a lot of people don't get the tyres to their limit so the too low temperature with higher camber might be the driver just not pushing enough.

Did you have a chance to drive RaceRoom version? It’s quite unstable with max brake pressure and generally tricky to drive. I read it’s not that easy to drive IRL

I find the raceroom version far superior in feel and driveability. You can really push that car and balance it mid turn. Not so much with rf2.

Maybe the old cup car in raceroom, but after they updated the tires it’s been amazing.

I find the raceroom version far superior in feel and driveability. You can really push that car and balance it mid turn. Not so much with rf2.

Maybe the old cup car in raceroom, but after they updated the tires it’s been amazing.
I don't know which version Nicki Thiim drove but he rated RRE one the worst.
Can anybody ask Nicki to make new comparison video with RF2 ?

Whose to say which sim is more "correct"? Unless you've actually driven and raced the real car you'll never really know, so to say one version is "far superior" doesn't actually mean anything really. It's all a matter of opinions based on nothing more than what you "think" it should drive like, the fact it's perhaps different in each sim is really neither here nor there.... That's where we'd need a real life driver to tell us and maybe more than one!

(For the record I'm not saying the RF2 version is the "best" or "correct" one, i wouldn't know as I've not driven it in real life!...but i do trust in the Devs and testers from S397)

BTW, funny thing I've noticed in regard of the Cup Car having too much performance for its own good - the Cup Car has about 10 kph higher top speed on the Döttinger Höhe straight than the BMW M8 GTE in the standard trim. Despite the GTE being able to do a 24h layout lap pretty much a minute or so faster (if not more) due to much better...everything ;)

@dajdosta I'm fairly sure the comparison is with the old version of the car.

Whose to say which sim is more "correct"? Unless you've actually driven and raced the real car you'll never really know, so to say one version is "far superior" doesn't actually mean anything really. It's all a matter of opinions based on nothing more than what you "think" it should drive like, the fact it's perhaps different in each sim is really neither here nor there.... That's where we'd need a real life driver to tell us and maybe more than one!

(For the record I'm not saying the RF2 version is the "best" or "correct" one, i wouldn't know as I've not driven it in real life!...but i do trust in the Devs and testers from S397)

Well it was either on this or s397 forum, a racing driver
was saying it's pretty accurate from what he remembers concerning the setup and driveability. But I agree - saying it's correct/incorrect is pointless for 99% of people. What the feel is is what's important. And this little piggy has exquisite feel AFAIC.

I don't know which version Nicki Thiim drove but he rated RRE one the worst.
Can anybody ask Nicki to make new comparison video with RF2 ?

This comparison was before R3E updated their tire model. Just a FYI. It's quite a bit different now on the Cup car and the GT1's. The GT3's will get updated in December they are saying.

not wrong. That's the ballpark of real life ratio.
been years since i've ran the cup n2, but overall the car is fairly believable out of the box compared to the real life counterpart. the default toe could use a tweak and i gotta dig into my notes on what the diff preload is set at after the car finished the shakedown but other than that it's not that fictional at all. Even the brake bias is surprisingly within range (not torque bias, just based on line pressure).

not entirely sold on how the fronts heat up relative to the rears as well as the sausage kerb compliance, but outside of that i'd say it's acceptable comparing to the gen 2 cup car i've dealt with before. If they'd clean the dash up and the sound a bit it'd be a bit more authentic, but i gave up on getting good interiors from these guys.
Did you have a chance to try it in any other sims? It's very rare real racers review cars in rF2. iRacing version was tested by people who raced it IRL and opinions about handling realism were (surprise!) mixed. One of them said it felt spot on, but he was involved with iRacing. Generally they say it's not bad, but GT cars are more realistic in iRacing.

People say rF2 version is close to RaceRoom's and it's probably not bad.
Alex Hodgkison: "It was the very first car I eased myself into Sector 3 with and it's easily the car I've spent the most time on".

BTW, funny thing I've noticed in regard of the Cup Car having too much performance for its own good - the Cup Car has about 10 kph higher top speed on the Döttinger Höhe straight than the BMW M8 GTE in the standard trim. Despite the GTE being able to do a 24h layout lap pretty much a minute or so faster (if not more) due to much better...everything ;)

@dajdosta I'm fairly sure the comparison is with the old version of the car.

Just logical that it is quicker in a straight line. Less Aero, more or less same HP. This is perfectly fine. Look at the Porsche cup cars running in sp7 class in vln they do 290 295 aswell on the dottinger hohe.

The cup Porsche class in the vln series runs less HP than the cup cars not in the vln series due to the bop over all the classes in vln.

Also the cup Porsche have different suspensions in vln and abs as the Nordschleife is way to bumpy for the stock suspension used by the pcc.

Did you have a chance to try it in any other sims? It's very rare real racers review cars in rF2. iRacing version was tested by people who raced it IRL and opinions about handling realism were (surprise!) mixed. One of them said it felt spot on, but he was involved with iRacing. Generally they say it's not bad, but GT cars are more realistic in iRacing.

People say rF2 version is close to RaceRoom's and it's probably not bad.
Alex Hodgkison: "It was the very first car I eased myself into Sector 3 with and it's easily the car I've spent the most time on".

Outside of r3e, I've tried every version out there. And like I said before every version have their quirks.

I wouldn't say iracing is the closest (when it released) because I could smash the real lap in Montreal and I'm not a driver irl(altho I am heavily involved in Motorsports irl). So there goes that argument for me.

Haven't really had a chance to dig into the rf2 car except for the hour I tried earlier last week,but initial impressions isnt bad. The brake bias and camber is ok. I'm not sure the steering feedback tbh but that could be more a physics thing than a car thing.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Forum trophies