rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Sydney (Night race) - Fri 1st July 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
r1 got tapped going into the first corner,and spun but had
great fun coming back through to 5th.

r2 sry Gary was watching you go wide and missed my braking point.
Sry for hitting you,no repair for me in the garage so quit out.

THANKS TO ALL

Q1: did a 4-lap run and set PB after PB, ended up 7th.
R1: Avoided the turn 1 carnage after a decent start and created a Trulli train. Leonard Jest tried an ambitious move at a chicane, but I didn't see him as I turned in, so he ended up facing backwards. I use the look behind button, but I can't while negotiating a tricky chicane! 2 damage pitstops, ended up last of the finishers.

Q2: lap didn't come together, ended up second to last, only outqualifying Chris Butcher who failed to set a time.
R2: Night race! Made an awesome start and made up many places, from 9th to 6th by the first corner. Leonard Jest span off, and rejoined behind me (oh joy) and he tried a chicane overtake again after I made a slight mistake. Lost control of the car, facing backwards and he carried on as if nothing had happened. Lewis Ramilton? I jest... (see what I did there? :wink:)
Anyway, made up a second or so in the next lap and a saw that Valerio and Leonard had stopped on the corner ahead. Valerio was well into the runoff area of the final chicane and Leonard scampered away. I didn't see the incident but it must have been contact, Valerio is a decent driver and even I never outbrake myself so much as to end up in the wall at the end of a runoff, and I'm terrible! Then I was pressured by Chris Butcher and I outbraked myself (or made some kind of mistake) and he was through. Then Valerio came up behind me and I made a traction mistake. Finally, while trying to keep up, I flipped the car on one of those sodding tyres on the inside of a chicane. I couldn't be bothered to drive back to the pits so I hit ESC.

Sorry if my opinions on the Leonard incidents are a bit biased, they are based on what I could see.

I enjoyed the night race a lot, we should do them more often. :) (not because I'm faster at night than during the day, I overtook Wayne Morgan at one point in the night race!!)
Maybe someone should look at installing headlights on the F1 92 cars...

......Anyway, made up a second or so in the next lap and a saw that Valerio and Leonard had stopped on the corner ahead. Valerio was well into the runoff area of the final chicane and Leonard scampered away. I didn't see the incident but it must have been contact.....

no mate no incident only too long at brake point Leonard was there:) I saw him in distance and thinking that straight is more long but him was stopped there:wink:.

ALWAYS NICE RACE :cool: 2 fun race.
I dont remember if I ran night-race but is nice, hard remember the exact brakepoint in race 2 I do some mistake (read up :rolleyes:) and a fews of laps with Mike, we are Siamese brothers ?:wink: same time in quali near in race heheheh fun.

Congratulations Podium and all drivers

Thanks Adam, Lee and RD for event

Apologies for race 1 not being at night, completely left my mind when I set server up. :frown:

Q1: Set a good time but Julien smashed it late on, so P2.

R1: Made a good start and settled in behind Julien. Made a small mistake which allowed Gary to catch up before I got it completely wrong and he got past. I caught back up to him and was faster but couldn't find a way through. He span at the first chicane which let me through but I did the same 3 more times in the race which dropped me behind Kjell. Finished in P3.

Q2: Set a PB to take pole :)

R2: Got a good start but couldn't see very much down to turn 1. Managed to keep the lead through turn 1 and braked early for turn 2 but the back stepped out. I was forced to cut the chicane and as a result, I pulled a gap to Wayne. Not wanting to gain an advantage, I eased off to allow them to catch me again but I lost it on the brakes into the next chicane. Wayne pulled alongside and went through. I tried to leave as much space as possible but we touched. He got on the power to quickly out of the corner and lost the back end, allowing me to retake the lead. We went into the next corner and a chain reaction occurred as we bumped into each other. Came out of the corner still in first so tried to escape. Chris stayed with me though and got past into turn 9. I tried cutting back up the inside but we touched before Chris for some reason let me back past (you didn't need to really). Led for another couple of laps and kept a decent gap back to Chris before he suddenly closed up and hit the back of my car. I spun but got back going again still in the lead but the car felt awful. Kept plodding on and apart from one lap, I couldn't lap anywhere near what I could do. Chris kept closing before making mistakes and dropping back which allowed me to cruise to the line for the win.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced. :)

Once again a good evening, Qualified mid pack in both heats. Was good to have Valerio as Company, we always match each other pathetic pace compared to the top runners, ADSL ISP obviously playing with Bandwith again resulting in sync issues during the game.
1st Heat had a bad start had to work hard to make up places, however was aided by other peoples misfortune.
2nd Race was blinded by all the headlights added by tire smoke no vision into the first corner, carnage folowed, found myself in 6th place was being consistant keeping to my markers, Valerio was behind me pushing hard, I made a few mistakes due to concentration issues and Hit the wall resulting in Valerio passing thru, He too made a Mistake and i passed him back, was supprised to finnish in the top 5.
RD and Adam again thanks for a great evening.
PS driving in the dark is fun but dangerious.

apologies for not being in the race. Was involved in an accident while in my wheelchair in the town. I lost and ended up in A&E and a few days stay. I shall be off racing for a while recovering.

Take it easy there Ken,recovery first,then back to racing fella.

I sneaked in not sure if i was able to stay and race,the track needed plenty of practice work and proper setup,i done neither so it wasnt long until i was exposed and started losing control,and losing large parts of the front of the car along the way.
I must have copy/paste my player settings from my V8 install as i had no lights switch for the night race,i clung on as best i could but constantly kept falling off in the darkness,this event was easily the most damage i have ever inflicted on a PCC car over a Friday nights 2 races :D.

Thank you Lee/Adz & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back