rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Snetterton - Fri 18th February 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
How gutted and pi##ed off am I right now, lost Internet connection thanks to the missis and couldn't get it back up and running. Sorry guys. Hope all went well and you all made it clean. If somebody could post up some video that would be much appricated.

Oh man, what racing.

Q1: Qualied 9th with a PB.

R1: Watched Ryan turn right off the grid which left a big gap for me around turn 1 and 2. Avoided the carnage at turn 2 and was lying 3rd. Lee chased me down but went off at turn 3, followed by Erik who did the same a few laps later, and then Jeff a few laps after that. Had Gary and Ross swarming all over the back of me for several laps till Ross and I went off. Gary got past and the lap after I made a mistake at turn 4 and allowed Ross and Ryan through, followed by Jeff when I made a mistake a few corners later. Made up a couple of those places in the last few laps but ended up 4th.

Q2: Similar time to Q1 but was good enough for 6th.

R2: Slow start and lost a place before turn 1, before getting a nudge in turn 2 which sent me sideways. Recovered it and avoided the mess and was back on track challenging Ryan for 5th. Out-dragged him on the straight and held the position into turn 3 and 4. Watched Lee and Ryan then both spin at turn 5 which gave me some breathing room. Was keeping pace with the front guys until Erik span and then they blew away from me. Erik span again and I got past him before I span in the final chicane because I shifted down 1 too many gears. Got back going just ahead of Erik who tried to pass me into turn 3 giving me a slight tap on the way as he spun off. I kept it going and cruised to the line to take 3rd.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Race 1: Got pole with a decent lap, and got away cleanly avoiding the turn 2 madness behind. Started to pull a gap to Morten behind but cocked it up by spinning off at my favourite turn 3. Repeated this twice more during the race, interspersed with epic battling with Adam and Gary. (although i hit Adam under brakes for turn 4 while defending from Gary so muchos apologies for that. I wasn't trying an overtake or anything, just locked up.) Morten drove away out front for a relatively unopposed win due to staying out of trouble. Finished 5th in the end.

Race 2: Outdone by Erik by under a tenth of a second for pole position, i started alongside and made another ok start and settled into a groove behind Erik, with Gary in close proximity. After a few laps, Erik went off at turn 2 allowing me and Gary to have a race-long battle separated by less than a second throughout. However, as the race wore on i was struggling at turn 4, but was doing enough to stay in front. On the last lap (why oh why oh why?!!) i cocked up big-time at the same corner and slid wide, giving Gary a nice present; gift-wrapped and sent 1st class! Came home 2nd. I was rather disappointed to say the least!
Fair play though, Gary kept the pressure on and made fewer errors, drove well and courteously (as always) and it's no disgrace finishing behind him considering his speed and experience.
('Ya jammy ba...........)

Great action again tonight, cheers for setting this up Lee, and thanks to the guys i raced closely with- top stuff.

Ho-hum, roll on next race!

Hmm, those cars hate me. Or, they doesn't hate me in Qual. But in the races they hate me. I was off the track at least 20 times, and took a Ken Block 5 times. So I'm lucky to even finish. :tongue:

Repeated this twice more during the race, interspersed with epic battling with Adam and Gary. (although i hit Adam under brakes for turn 4 while defending from Gary so muchos apologies for that. I wasn't trying an overtake or anything, just locked up.)

No worries mate. You and Gary were like a swarm of bees all over the back of my car so I was sort of watching my mirrors a lot. I saw you trying to defend from Gary and was praying you both stopped in time. It happens in the heat of the battle but was good fun nonetheless :)

No worries mate. You and Gary were like a swarm of bees all over the back of my car so I was sort of watching my mirrors a lot. I saw you trying to defend from Gary and was praying you both stopped in time. It happens in the heat of the battle but was good fun nonetheless :)

It was certainly amongst the closest racing i've ever taken part in- we were all trying various lines to try and get a run on each other and you certainly had to be on your toes- and if it wasn;t for my inability to take turn 4 then it would've been perfectly clean too!

Qually1: 4th
Race1: Was hoping to do my rocket start again, but no, I think I lost 2 places before the first corner, but then some thing amasing happend :) the cars in front went of right and left, and I just avoided them and found myself in 2nd, with Ross in front, I started to pull away from the cars behind, a bit to my suprice, and I matched Rosses lap times, but a couple of laps in Ross spun out at the end of the long back straight, and I got so baffeled that Inearly spun as well when I took the corner a bit to charp and flew over the curb, now in 1st I consentrated on keeping my pace, and it looked like Ross spun again so I was starting to get a big lead as I was still pulling away from the cars behind, but then I got a bit too comfortable and started to look through the menus to se how much time was left, and I lost my consentration and spun the car before the last chikane, doing a 360 and flicked back in to 1st, just missing the wall, and drove of again only loosing about 3-4 sek. out of my allmost 10 sek. lead, and then finaly getting over the line in first :woot:

Qually2: 7th.
Race2: Had a better start than race 1 and gained a little, there was still a couple of spinners I avoided, but down the back straight I found myself in a sandwich betwen to others so we were running 3 wide, but some how we all survived, I think, so now I was just behind Davakos and got passed him down the start/finish straight and started to gain on the car in front, but then Erik spun in front of me and I got a bit distracted, and desided to do the same so Davakos and Erik got passed me again, got back on track, got up to Erik, got passed him, cort up with Davakos, then spun out again, then Erik passed me again, then I got back on track again, then got up to Erik again,( I'm not making this up you know) then got passed Erik AGAIN, then got passed Davakos, and finaly got over the line in 4th amasing as it may seem:ups::banana:

Well se you next time, untill then, bye, bye ;)

It was certainly amongst the closest racing i've ever taken part in- we were all trying various lines to try and get a run on each other and you certainly had to be on your toes- and if it wasn;t for my inability to take turn 4 then it would've been perfectly clean too!

You wasn't the only one struggling with that corner, a few people behind me went of there and the lap you got past me, I messed it up big time and cut the corner. Was going to let you past after that off but you got a better run out of the corner anyway and got past.

Solid gold combo of the highest order i thought,used Ross' setup for both races and it worked nice overall,a bit of a boggin start from 3rd?(2nd?) which put me in a busier situation than i would like which resulted in being just that little fatal bit too wide at T2 and hit that mental slushy patch and go wide and slow,i feel im just about to scoop it all back together when i meet another car out in the boondocks with me,a little touch and ....poof,im spun near the exit side on to the pack and stopped,i brace for impact and fear this will get very big and ugly....but not one other car touched me....at all...!!?,heard a little break in the traffic and spun it around on sixpence and was going again in 13th?,took me a lap or so to come to terms with all that drama and suddenly started getting loads of places handed to me as people seemed to just pull over? 0.o,so the late shake-down is chasing down Ross and Adz fighting over 2nd and 3rd,Morten is history way up ahead,those laps putting the hassle on Ross and Adz are memorable Friday PCC moments,i remember the tangle between them at the end of the straight but i had just enough time and room to pick a nice path through and nick 2nd from the ashes of disaster :D.
Race2 from 3rd another tardy start!! >:/,but i wasnt even too bothered as my main goal this time was getting that bugger T2 right,thankfully that worked perfect getting nice and steady and tight missing the icy slush patch,wasnt close enough to see Adz getting a touch but just barely avoided him having a spin but through all in one piece and back in 3rd following Ross and Erik,i let Ross do all the work of softening young Erik up a bit then joined in picking up the pieces when it was job done ;p.
The chase on Ross wasnt really consistent enough to really try a move,my main saving grace was all the final turns section from the end of the straight to the last chicane,so a bit of a yoyo thing going on until Ross really started getting more ragged at T3-T4,the final lap i wasnt even really close enough to have a challenge when suddenly up ahead i see him going in very wrong and out of shape to the point of leaving the track,open door to breeze through and take 2 more turns and the last chicane and win.
Good to see the grids keeping reasonably healthy guys,thanks to everyone race one for some miracle avoiding work,and sorry to be involved causing you all to do so,couldnt have landed in a worse spot :(.
Grats Morten race one showing how early good sense and caution can pay off nicely,great running all those laps with you Ross m8,high enjoyment,sorry to be a big bully theiving get :p.

Thanks again Lee/Adz & RD

Forgot to add that after last weeks responses in the Bugatti after race thread proposing some kind of league action with these i decided not to bother PM'ing Lee,it was truly a forums :tumbleweed: disaster.....but no big deal really as it was along the lines of running with the BTCC support series dates and tracks,but we are getting those tracks nicely sprinkled in to the Friday events already and we enjoy good grids and some great racing,so job done,and indeed continuing to be done on that front without any additional "league baggage" :D.
Maybe if the interest keeps alive then try and have a big summer event at a monumental track,Bathurst and Nordschleiffe spring instantly to mind,maybe some kind of spiced up format of qualifying heat races through the afternoon to claim a place on the big enduro stage at night?....all open for discussion and inputs ofcourse :).

Forgot to add that after last weeks responses in the Bugatti after race thread proposing some kind of league action with these i decided not to bother PM'ing Lee,it was truly a forums :tumbleweed: disaster.....but no big deal really as it was along the lines of running with the BTCC support series dates and tracks,but we are getting those tracks nicely sprinkled in to the Friday events already and we enjoy good grids and some great racing,so job done,and indeed continuing to be done on that front without any additional "league baggage" :D.
Maybe if the interest keeps alive then try and have a big summer event at a monumental track,Bathurst and Nordschleiffe spring instantly to mind,maybe some kind of spiced up format of qualifying heat races through the afternoon to claim a place on the big enduro stage at night?....all open for discussion and inputs ofcourse :).

Have been thinking of doing Nord at some stage - I tried it when I was testing the PCC mod (hence the banner picture :p) was alot of fun. We'll have to see gonna try keep running some good tracks get some good racing going :).

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back