rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Nürburgring - Fri January 7th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The event and the organisation was great and the mod is a lot of fun but non the less I would like to address some (minor) aspects from which everybody may benefit.

First of all some drivers really have to rethink their manners on the track. I mean it is no fun being squashed by two cars while going through a corner and such. Also if I would not have given in at times when somebody was desperately trying to overtake me at impossible places it surely would have ended nasty. I think those attempts of overtaking should be planned before trying.

Another thing that I found to be a pity was that some drivers were still going over the curbs and used the green "saftey zones" at the corner exits to their advantage although it was said by Lee that at least one tire had to be inside the white line that is marking the track. In regards of the latter aspect it should be made more clear that this rule exists and will be enforced because else this rule could be aswell abandoned and everyone can use those "short cuts" to their advantage (fair drivers who obey this rule included).

But this should be enough critique for todays event because everything else was top-notch like always! :D

Before I leave I want to apologize for two incidents:
1. To Massimo Dalla Pellegrima and the incident that happend in the second lap of race one. I am sorry for driving off your back however I noticed that accident and you who was involved in it while standing on the racing line too late as I came around the corner and that is how it came that I was not longer able to brake hard enough to avoid a collision. Turing right in a split of a second was no option too because there used to be other drivers.

2. To Kjell Stenback and the accident that happend during the first lap of race two. I have tried to brake in order to stay off your back however it was too late. I have also tried to go left in the last moment but there was not enough room because Sami Pesari was about to overtake me and so I hit your back making you slide sideways. I then waited for you to overtake me but noticed just a little further that you gave up the race.

Well I'm very sorry for the inconvenient circumstances! :frown:

Thanks everybody for driving! Maybe we will meet again... :)

I knew that my experience in meganes was paying off here but didnt think that i could actually fight for podium so i was really happy :D
Anyway first race qualifying was pretty bad cause didnt have too much time to warm up in practice session but still made it to 8th i think
Race i had very good start and was just evading spinning cars after that i had my chance to fight for podium but i made too many mistakes so stayed in 4th
Race2 qualifying was pretty solid lap but now everyone else improved their pace too so 9th was my spot, into t1 i had few cars on my way so i lost few positions and bit later spun so i ended up fighting 8th position but it was fun :)

Been way way too long since i drove a rF PCC,hopefully wont be so long again now.

Usual rubbish qualify performance just good enough for 6th and a good enough start to maintain it,nice clean and calm T1 and were off and racing,then a little series of good fortune moments picking a path through to avoid spinning cars just ahead,the next thing i know im in 2nd place 0.o,then the rest of the race is a lovely bit of pressure action on Mark in the lead,but despite throwing a lot of attempts and various "ideas" of passes he could hold it firm to the line,great race from start to finish!.
Race2 qualify just as rubbish for 6th again and another decent getaway so no immediate pressure from behind arriving at T1.....until i see a couple of cars in the early stages of spinning,the closer i get the more advanced their respective states of spinnage becomes!!! :o,i see a nice gap between them aim for just at the same time as Ross arrives having to adjust his act and aim for the same gap,a small rub bobbles my car a little wide and knocks my momentum a bit putting me in a slightly dodgy situation at T2 that Marcel is referring to,my first thoughts there is to just put my nose in to view a bit and see what comes of it,staying in as tight left on the curb as is possible and it looked like Marcel was aware of me and looked to be leaving just enough room as well?,the replay then shows there was actually another car outside of both me and Marcel that proceeds to quite harshly turn in and bumps Marcel side on,he then pinballs off me and gets that little "bobble" thing that i tasted in T1 that just kills momentum,ive already backed out a bit and manage to keep tight left,by the time we arrive at T3 im clear enough of what is now a 4 or 5 car gang that went through T2 almost together 0.o,the replay shows Marcel getting sandwiched again in a very similar fashion but without the car inside backing out a bit.
Fun chasing Ross for a good few laps and then finally a pass off the back of a little error from him,then more massive fun harrassing Harald that results in a fine passing moment for me,i kind of put myself out on a limb and took a cheeky outside risk,but was given racing room and respect from Harald and Erik so not even any paint scrapes as i got to pass them both in one move :p,thank you guys,you clearly showed the kind of racers you are there(nice),so again i look in disbelief and see im 2nd place :D,Anders in first with 2.3secs in his pocket so i know the win isnt really on,but i still enjoy a very silly high risk last lap to try anyway,it also helps keep the following Harald at bay too,but not enough to steal Anders win ;).
Grats Mark and Anders and all podiums.

Huge thanks Lee for bringing back a bit of a classic rF1 mod back again,thank you RD :)

I mean it is no fun being squashed by two cars while going through a corner and such.

After reading Gary's post I checked my replay to see if I was anywhere near one of your sandwiches and indeed I was. At the time I managed to get down the inside into 3 and kept it tight as you were outside of me. Knowing this, I left you room on the inside of turn 4, however I did not embark on the other car coming in so late and pushing you into me, when really he should of backed off (only realised there was a third car when watching the replay). I'll apologise for not really leaving enough room on the inside. :)

You didn't see anyone famous at this race Ole? Like J. Roberts or B. Spears maybe?

I fear that this will haunt me somewhat. But, no, didn't see any famous at this race, but as I said, crashed anyway.

Oh, and after thinking some more about the race, I might have been one of the drivers that used the green area,- I'm a bit to used to the curbs being a part of the track. I also would like to explain myself to Ross, I think I touched you, and then passed you at race 1. Usually I wait when that happens, unless I feel I can't be blamed, this was a situation like that. We drove side by side for a long time, you got barely ahead of me, but kept on the inside, but just before I had planned to brake (was planning a bit later braking because of my outside line) you threw your car out and then braked. And on lap 2, in T3, what happended there? I saw the kid from Norway in the middle of the road. I got through, and then it was like someone took a falcon punch in the side of my car, that was a scary ride, and damaged my car quite a bit. :)

Oh well, I think I benefitted a bit of driving a PCC league for over a year, just too bad I became a hothead in race 2 :(

EDIT: To the guy that passed me on the outside in T4, on the first lap in Race 1 (I think it was), what a move, I was sure I had you covered! :D

Thanks Lee for a great event. Its fair too see that i need alot more experience to drive these cars better, i just couldnt get the car setup. (plus a better wheel wouldnt go amiss).

To all those at the back end of the grid......Am sure i hit no one, cos i was more worried about cars around me then the track it self, but if i did, i,m a noob what can i say "SORRY".

My first event at Racedepartment had to sides.
I made place 4 in both qualifications (well 0.003 behind Erik in Q2), but couldn't show it in the races.
My start in race 1 was a bit bad and I lost some positions. I had than in t1 a bit of contact:sorry:, because I couldn't make it stick. Than in t3 i pulled the wrong gear and drove on the side to let everyone pass. After that I made a few more spins and found my self at the end at position 10 or 11.
My start for race 2 was way better, but when I pulled the gears down for turn 1 my gear lever broke and i found my self in reverse, which ended up in a spin. I hope no one got in real trouble because of me:) I changed than gears with the paddles and I tried to recover which let me end up in the wall with a flat tyre in lap 8 or so:pcbeat: I finished 16th at the end.

It was a lot of fun and I hope I can do a few more races with you guys soon with a new wheel :D

See you:)

This was my RD premire and I enyed it alot. In race 1 the temptation of eating my birtday cake was too great, I had to stop. ( I had also a damaged car) Anyway r 2 went better and by just staying on the track I was able to manage 11th place

However, I´m impressed by the speed of the top guys so I still have much to learn

And on lap 2, in T3, what happended there? I saw the kid from Norway in the middle of the road. I got through, and then it was like someone took a falcon punch in the side of my car, that was a scary ride, and damaged my car quite a bit. :)

Well, I was sliding all around, I'll get a video soon. Just wait for it. :)

I also would like to explain myself to Ross, I think I touched you, and then passed you at race 1. Usually I wait when that happens, unless I feel I can't be blamed, this was a situation like that. We drove side by side for a long time, you got barely ahead of me, but kept on the inside, but just before I had planned to brake (was planning a bit later braking because of my outside line) you threw your car out and then braked.

Actually, you touched me through the previous corner meaning i was fighting the car into the next one, which resulted in me 'throwing my car out' in the braking zone, and getting sideways. Not much i could do there, you see?! No worries though as i got back through eventually.

THx Harald and Gary :).

I really enjoyed the second race yesterday, had to use first race as a practice run . The cars feelt good and the track suited them perfect .I must say real nice clean racing, had dingdong battle with Jeff and Erik with Gary and Harald sneaking up from behind.:) And knowing thos two guys from the past its better not letting them to close, cause they will steal your position ;). So i feelt reasonable safe going out on last lap with 2.3 sec gap back to Gary, which had shrunk to 1.9 sec by they time i crossed the finnish line. Lucky me it wasnt a couple more laps to do :)

Cheers all and Thx to Rd and staff :)

To all those at the back end of the grid......Am sure i hit no one, cos i was more worried about cars around me then the track it self, but if i did, i,m a noob what can i say "SORRY".

Do not worry so much about the cars behind you. Well at least in my opinion it is their responsibility to stay behind you until they are sure enough to attempt a clean overtake without pushing you too much off your racing line (keeping a cars width distance when passing should be fine I guess). I am trying to look ahead most of the time to find my racing line, brake zones etc. unless somebody is driving just in front of me or lurking beside my car trying to be faster and in this case it is sometimes better to ease off the throttle then risking a crash. Sure scrubbing fenders are at times unavoidable but it is better to give in a position then crossing the finish line at the back end. :)

Yip Adam I was aware of you driving left in turn four when suddenly somebody charged into the right side of me while trying to cut the blocked apex. That made me bump rather hard into you causing himself to spin out and leaving us both running off road at the exit of the corner.

Actually, you touched me through the previous corner meaning i was fighting the car into the next one, which resulted in me 'throwing my car out' in the braking zone, and getting sideways. Not much i could do there, you see?! No worries though as i got back through eventually.

Aha, I didn't notice that. If I had known it, I would've stopped. Sorry!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%