rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Mid-Ohio - Fri January 14th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
But now i would like to share my point of view about this signing up:
If i got it right there isnt really any punishment if you just say that you WILL race and then on race day you wont show up but didnt say anything if im wrong then this following text will be pointless.
But anyway if thats so i think its very unfair for people to get into grid by lying even tho they dont even have time but they signed up just if they happen to have time to race somehow. and then there is those people like me who just dont want to be that guy who signs up and never shows up so i always gotta be 100% positive about race untill i sign up as deffo and therefore i might someday get kicked from race just cause i was being nice so thats why i think you guys should either come up with some punishment for guys who signs up and doesnt show up or simply keep maybe guys in list untill they say they WONT race

I think your objection is to some degree valid although it is at least for me impossible to discern between those people who sign up to be sure to get a spot "just in case" and those who really have a matter to attend to in a short-term.

Come online Sami and see if there will be a free spot for you at the end of the practice session. Judging from my experiences so far chances are good. :)

If someone doesn't show up on qual the reserves can join the server, or how does this work? Reserve guys can only be put on grid if someone resignes by saying they won't show up beforehand?

Sami, I don't want to be the guy stealing the grid place from you. Let's just hope there will be room for both of us, if there isn't I'll give you my place.

Maybes have always been signed up with the standing that they lose their place if someone definite signs up. Tbh I sort of agree with you, It's never been too much of an issue in the past as the GP2 events I run stopped getting packed grids before I took over. If you have any suggestions though about ways to combat this feel free to PM me (not here as its going off topic a bit :)).

Btw your in, I'm signing out guys unfortunately I've still got an assignment to do in the next 6 hours :p. Adam has very kindly agreed to run the event :).

If someone doesn't show up on qual the reserves can join the server, or how does this work? Reserve guys can only be put on grid if someone resignes by saying they won't show up beforehand?

Sami, I don't want to be the guy stealing the grid place from you. Let's just hope there will be room for both of us, if there isn't I'll give you my place.

Normally around official practise time I look at whos here and invite reserves in.

There is a punishment Sami, it is refusal of entry to future club events if they are repeated offenders. Sometimes people have things crop up at the last minute and they are unable to tell us in advance so we don't come down hard on first-time offenders. If they keep doing it and not giving a good reason why then we have the right to refuse them entry to our events. Also sometimes people put themselves as maybes as they don't know whether they will be home in time or something like that so obviously they can't let us know in advance most of the time.

Any chance of allowing a non-licensed member to take part in this event. He has applied to become a licensed member but unfortunatley Stuart has not had a chance to process his application just yet (applied yesterday). Of course he realises he would be in as a reserve driver.
Name: Mikkel Ahm (Macedk)
He has read and understood the golden rules

Well I Qualy'd 13th i think in R1 and got punted in T1 and then hit off a couple of other drivers, car was pretty much done but made it to the pits and repaired but just wasnt the same so retired. Practice and Qualy was all very clean though. People really need to not try and win a race in T1 its always gonna end up ****ty.

Thanks Adam for sorting the race out :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back