rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Donington GP - Fri 25th February 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Chris if you watch the replay back i was easily ahead of you and i couldn't see anybody on the racing line, so i moved over slightly not knowing that you were going a bit faster than me and then you couldnt do anything but hit me which put me out of control which made me spin and then hit you. I would say it was just a racing incident, nothing at all was intentional.

Then got hit at T1 later on in the race, they rejoined the track unsafely, then outbraked themselves and hit me. After that the car didn't behave at all. Only trundled round to avoid DNF

That was me Chris. I rejoined the track after a spin and saw one orange/blue porsche behind, but mistook that one for you, so sorry about that. I was almost up to speed if that's any consolation. As for turn 1, i was well down the inside but you kept turning in? At the time i didn't think it was my fault but i slowed down on the small straight before McLarens (?) to let you by since there was no-one else to race with anyway, only to see you sliding off into one of the dodgy gravel traps.

Anyway, race 1 i got a good start and was side-by side with Toby until i caught some bad lag on the exit, dropping me to 3rd. Almost came a cropper after being surprised a little by Gary's hard-braking at the chicane and this let Pawel through while Anders hit me. (not his fault) He kindly let me pass though and we had a great, close battle for a few laps before he hit the dodgy gravel i mentioned earlier. Maintained position until the end.

Race 2: after the random grid was decided by a few people (despite me being out on track attempting to qualify) i was looking forward to an action-packed race. However, turn 1 was a mess, and picking my way through all the spinners and rejoiners was proving troublesome. After Chris and I got together at turn 1 i dropped back a fair bit, but managed to catch the main pack and finsih 5th despite a lot of incident avoidance and flat-out driving.

Congrats to the winners, hopefully next event won't be a 'crash fest'!

Probably my best results at Doni,not really in the main qualify picture but felt confident to race with the car,me and Toby got away without any T1 drama at the start and made good our escape,held on a bit in the early laps,but then Toby got his rythym and the chase was looking more futile as time went by,until the very latter laps and Toby had a couple of big spins letting me back on terms and then get past and hold on to the 2secs or so gap to the end :D.
Race2 i started 3rd again and just managed to sneak around T1 unscathed,but as we headed down the hill towards Craner Curves someone had there nose in at my rear left wing and i was suddenly "spat" off to the right towards Wolverhampton....very nervously and gingerly crept back on track before Old Hairpin and got on my way,Toby arrived and passed and softened the guys up ahead a bit for me to get back in the game and get some moves done and it eventually shook down to Toby seriously pushing hard gaining on Kjell who had really sneaked away in to a big 5+secs lead,i wondered if Toby had learned his race one tyres lesson....that was just about the time i saw him recovering from a spin at the exit of Goddards :p,the run down to T1 was mine with the inside nicely claimed,i now found i could maintain the gap to Toby and had a late close of the gap to Kjell,but never enough.
Grats Kjell m8 and very stylish PCC debut Toby,were stuffed if you learn those PCC tyres.....

Thank You again Lee/Adz & RD

R1: had a good start but got a bumb from behind in turn one and was eaten by the sand monster. last part of the race saw me gettin lapped and i got in the way of Toby which was nr. 2 at the time. :( :(.

R2: Random grid....no thanks IMO. never found consistency so not a good race for me. Had the track been longer then the random grid would have become into the normal order, but on this short track it was not good.

Good to be on ts and in general the tone was good but there some some signs of road rage ;)

Too bad I couldn't join this one. I love this track, and I had a good set for this car in there, but I didn't sign up thinking I wouldn't be able to arrive home early enough to race, which did actually happened. But only 1 hour for practicing and racing against faster and more experienced guys wouldn't be enough, so, I'm waiting for the next event, which, because of carnaval week and stuff coming up, will leave me more free time to join you. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%