rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Aida 2005 - Friday 22nd April 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm mad at me !

First because I made the mistake of doing a "Only good for a few laps" car and second because I maybe did the worst race of my life !
(13 Drivers)
1st Race: Q: Never been able to do a good lap, 6th place...
R: I get spun in the first corner, get damage, and I think I also got taken out later in the race... Anyway, I was struggling to drive the car, ended up 5th...

2nd Race: Q: Now I was able to get a lap, that put me up 4th... Even if it was 1 second faster than the other quali...
R: Worst race of my life... I get cut off in the first sector, no damage though... Get up the grid as time goes by, the car, as I said, became sh** and I was overteering like crazy... I spun 2 times in less than 100 meters at one point... I finished 8th...

So yeah, let's forget this ! :D

Really fun night. Car + track combo worked brilliantly.

Quali 1: Couldn't match Chris so P2.

Race 1: Good start and just followed Chris as we pulled away from the pack. Chris eventually pulled away and I span it on the exit curb of turn 5. Fell behind Sergio and couldn't get past. Finished P3.

Quali 2: Slower time and P3 on the grid and that was with Chris not taking part in quali.

Race 2: Slow start and dropped down a bit into turn 1. Came to turn 5 and couldn't avoid the car that was sideways on entry. A few metres later, I made contact with Lee and spun. Got going again in 10th and caught up to the back of the pack by the hairpin. Chris opened up some nice holes as he overtook several cars and I was able to follow him through pretty much everytime. We caught up to Bobby but Chris was too far ahead now for me to follow him through so I had to do it a few corners later. When Chris caught the front 2, I was about 2 seconds behind but I soon closed right up as he got stuck. The four of us went around in the same positions for 2 or 3 laps, then into turn 9, Lee spins onto the grass on the inside and Chris runs wide, allowing me to pass both. A lap later and I get up the inside of James out of turn 5 and take the lead. As soon as I did that I felt the tyres go off. I kept Lee at bay for a bit and then managed to get a gap as the others had troubles. With 2 laps to go I had a 2.9 second gap to Chris which was reduced to 1.2 with 1 lap to go. I caught a backmarker after the turn 6 hairpin and a mis-communication between us led to contact. Thankfully neither party was affected too badly but Chris was right on my tail now. Into turn 9, I went a bit too deep and Chris got up the inside but I kept alongside to hold the inside for turn 10. I got a good exit from the corner but Chris was still there. I thought I gave him enough room but the replay showed him being just on the grass. He had another go down the inside at the final corner but couldn't make the pass stick, allowing me to take the win.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back