FM4 Porsche are back on Forza!!

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Good point Tom and Ryan.
I think a production car can't be compared with a premade GT-cup car.
Hence it seems normal to me as it's what I have going on with the R8 in GT2 trim.
It's in fact a production based model that I upgraded to the correct R class.
Now I was surprised to see this happen.But on the other hand I do like that car and the races even though I'm mostely running for last spot or second to last.
It's like ryan says it does happen in real-life as well.
On the other hand Tom's point is also very valid and if we would do this then we need to make sure that those racing a RUF are fine with this.

It's just a shame because the Porsche GT3 Cup is probably the most exciting car to drive in the game at the moment. I was really getting excited about the idea of a Porsche Supercup series. It's a proper race car without too much extra power and the feel of the handling is so analogue. You can be just as quick caressing it through corners as you can chucking it in, you get to pick what you prefer. If you get a touch of power oversteer coming out of a corner you can just hold on to it until you're pointing in the right direction before feathering the throttle and lockin the rear back down. It just inspires so much driver confidence that you feel like you are always in control and free to explore the outer limits of grip.

It's just a shame because the Porsche GT3 Cup is probably the most exciting car to drive in the game at the moment. I was really getting excited about the idea of a Porsche Supercup series. It's a proper race car without too much extra power and the feel of the handling is so analogue. You can be just as quick caressing it through corners as you can chucking it in, you get to pick what you prefer. If you get a touch of power oversteer coming out of a corner you can just hold on to it until you're pointing in the right direction before feathering the throttle and lockin the rear back down. It just inspires so much driver confidence that you feel like you are always in control and free to explore the outer limits of grip.

Well, We could do something similar like a GT3 style championship with the Z4 and Mercedes SLS Race cars, as those cars are on the lower end of the Pi scaling.

would allow everybody to get involved that way. The site i've been pulling info from have a a multi class racing event and the GT3, the car choices are the 3 above, I can have a look to see what they have done in terms of evening out the performance?? I know I am in the SLS, and I was allowed race brakes and wider tyres. will have a look and post it up.

You sh
True and that's what I love so much about those cars handling in the game.
Even when using a pad. I love them!!!!!:inlove:
You should try it with the wheel! Forza does a good job of making the weight of steering different for individual cars and the GT3 Cup is one of the heaviest, obviously no power steering, and you can feel every bump of the road and as you increase steering angle you feel the grip fighting with you right up to the point it slips in to understear. Fantastic.

Ok, this is what they are running..

Z4 GT3 - Pi 735 limit.
upgrades allowed:

Race brakes
Front tyre width: 325
Rear Tyre Width:330
3rd Party Wheels (No Chrome)

SLS Mercedes - Pi 735 limit
Upgrades allowed:

Race brakes
Front Tyre width:330
Rear tyre width: 340
3rd Party wheels (No Chrome)

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Pi 735 limit
Upgrades allowed

Race brakes

Let's
Ok, this is what they are running..

Z4 GT3 - Pi 735 limit.
upgrades allowed:

Race brakes
Front tyre width: 325
Rear Tyre Width:330
3rd Party Wheels (No Chrome)

SLS Mercedes - Pi 735 limit
Upgrades allowed:

Race brakes
Front Tyre width:330
Rear tyre width: 340

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Pi 735 limit
Upgrades allowed

Race brakes
Let's test this out! If they are close enough in performance then this may be the formula for the next Forza league. After the success of the Civics I reckon the way forward is slower race cars with closely matched parity.

Let's
Let's test this out! If they are close enough in performance then this may be the formula for the next Forza league. After the success of the Civics I reckon the way forward is slower race cars with closely matched parity.

I have the SLS spec'd up and ready to go, so will add to garage later on, will also try to do the same for both the Porsche and the Z4 and will add them in, I will apply a tune, but it will not be perfect, but we can at least see how close it may be from that. :)

You sh
You should try it with the wheel! Forza does a good job of making the weight of steering different for individual cars and the GT3 Cup is one of the heaviest, obviously no power steering, and you can feel every bump of the road and as you increase steering angle you feel the grip fighting with you right up to the point it slips in to understear. Fantastic.

Yeah,I'm on the brink of buying a decent wheel for forza4 to lvl-up my racing experience.
It's most likely i'll place my order this weekend. Especially since i started playing rFactor2 as well and that along with Project CARS just crave for a wheel.
Also the offers are great at the moment with fanatec.

Cool, Will try to get them sorted out tonight and then people can test. will set downforce on the cars to the same level roughly so that the cars are of similar Aero grip. tbh the whole setup will be very similar! lol
Let's get all three cars up in the Garage with the fore-mentioned setups and have a big test. I'm around for a bit this evening if we want to have a go at racing them in close quarters to each other? It would be a good idea to get a feel for how they react to downforce changes when driving near others as well as how much downforce is affected by contact in normal racing situations.

Let's get all three cars up in the Garage with the fore-mentioned setups and have a big test. I'm around for a bit this evening if we want to have a go at racing them in close quarters to each other? It would be a good idea to get a feel for how they react to downforce changes when driving near others as well as how much downforce is affected by contact in normal racing situations.

Ok will get them sorted when I get home, should be sorted and available by 7pm I would say :)

If this turns in to a series (it has the potential to be the "main" RD F4 league) then we should set up three teams (one per make) and evenly distribute drivers amongst the cars for balanced grids.

You can have a constructor championship like DTM that way :) maybe everybody who drives for the winning team can get some credits or maybe even a car tuned and painted by the best of us here at it?

You can have a constructor championship like DTM that way :) maybe everybody who drives for the winning team can get some credits or maybe even a car tuned and painted by the best of us here at it?
@Dan Smith, I just wanted to get included in this discussion as it may be a way forward. I'll be online some time after 7:30 once the kids have heard enough of "Mickey Mouse and the Beanstalk" and dropped off. Looking forward to this. Let's not rush this either, we've got a while to go until we launch the next big RD league and this has huge potential... let's take our time, test, iron out all the finer details and, possibly, put together something truly special.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%