FM4 Porsche are back on Forza!!

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
I've put my RUF in club garage for anyone to compre to Porsche equivalent.
Right I had a play with this and the GT3 Cup from Porsche. I don't think this will work. I had a go around Hockenheim and, although the lap times were comparable, they are two completely different beasts. I ran Wayne's RUF and the stock, untuned GT3 Cup.

The RUF is heavy and floppy with hugemongous amounts of engine grunt whereas the Cup is tight and pointy, and can stop on a dime. If you raced with these cars you'd end up with two groups basically and tracks would favour one over the other. Hockenheim is a good tester as it's got straights and corners, but you get a twisty, technical track and the Cup is going to piss all over the RUF, whereas if you get a track with lots of long straights, the RUF is going to blunk in the Cups' faces.

Think we may need to lower the class down to S or something, maybe CTR vs 997 or something along those lines.

not massively bothered if there is a difference
Right I had a play with this and the GT3 Cup from Porsche. I don't think this will work. I had a go around Hockenheim and, although the lap times were comparable, they are two completely different beasts. I ran Wayne's RUF and the stock, untuned GT3 Cup.

The RUF is heavy and floppy with hugemongous amounts of engine grunt whereas the Cup is tight and pointy, and can stop on a dime. If you raced with these cars you'd end up with two groups basically and tracks would favour one over the other. Hockenheim is a good tester as it's got straights and corners, but you get a twisty, technical track and the Cup is going to piss all over the RUF, whereas if you get a track with lots of long straights, the RUF is going to blunk in the Cups' faces.

Yeah, know what you mean, only I don't think that is such a bad thing, think we are maybe guilty of trying to make the cars too close sometimes, adds to the excitement knowing the car you have will give you an advantage on certain tracks. Pretty sure this is a similar case in race series all over the world. We just have to be clever on picking a balance of tracks that will cater to different machines..

been watching the Grand Am series in the US on motors TV, and due to the change in tracks they have different cars at the front. I know we probably won't get that due to the gaps in driver speed that we have, but it would be a nice change e.g. you or Chris really struggled with the car at a track, But say I had a car that was really suited and gave you both a good race, next track I would be nowhere. but it's just how it is in racing sometimes (Mclaren lol). I know not everybody would be happy in cars where at certain tracks they would clearly not have the best car, but I would be cool with it.

Hoping to get some running in with these cars tonight hopefully :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back