Porsche 997 GT3 RSR [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SimBin, Kunos, and iRacing need licensing agreements because they are monetizing off of the product that they are producing. Scratch made mods do not, as they don't charge. If they did, then that's where the problems come into play. In this particular case with this Porsche, the issue lies in that the model is from Turn10. That means that for Turn10 to make that model and sell it, they had to pay cold hard money. And now someone gets to take it and say "Oh... Well you're not using this anymore. So I will. Ok? Cool, bye." It doesn't work like that.

So, Turn10 still makes money off of Forza 3 & 4? I'm pretty sure all the copies that were ever made have been sold.. Do they get any money off of crappy "game stores" like Game Stop for the unending trade-ins and resale of F3/F4? No. No they don't. That's stealing too! OMG!

I give up on this thread... Apparently the concept of Copyright infringement is too complex...

Glad to be of service.
j/k
No, the concept isn't too complex. Maybe for some people, but I'm pretty sure the majority of people here do understand it. We all have our own views and opinions on it, but unless RD decides to take it down or Turn10 asks, the TOS for RD haven't been violated.

sounds to me like the only people complaining are 'make from scratch' modders, which SEEM to hate that there is a short cut to making cars available for game play.

I dont know how I would feel if I spend 100hours on a car to just have a ripped version available after 4 hrs of work... but it would be very selfish and pretentious of myself to act like a god and tell other people what they should or not do, should or not download or what to leave and remove when I have NOTHING to do with that mod.

ps: in my personal opinion all information should be free, I don't care about the money behind it, what ever happend to just having passion and loving something? coming together as a community? .. never mind where the 0's and 1's come from.. again thats my personal opinion which im sure people will find insulting on some level anyways.

mod-edit: refrain from using vulgar language in this volatile enviroment

(mod edit: let keep it civil please.)
I was merely asking about your mod so I'd at least know what to expect from you in terms of models/conversions/etc.
2014-07-03_00004.jpg

Beta 0.2

100% scratch made.

@jarerawwr
Maybe you miss read the pm we sent you earlier.
it is up to you to ask for it to be taken down. or the intervention of copyright holder.
The responsibility is on you. and any legal action will be against you.

As we have said before we RD are not responsible for the upload.

No, I know you guys aren't responsible for the upload. Who knows. Maybe I'll take it down. It seems to have caused quite a controversy amongst a handful of members here.

View attachment 59027
Beta 0.2

100% scratch made.

Oh. That. Yeah. Glad you finally updated it. It was annoying to drive it RHD. The new physics are pretty nice too.

sounds to me like the only people complaining are 'make from scratch' modders, which SEEM to hate that there is a short cut to making cars available for game play.

I dont know how I would feel if I spend 100hours on a car to just have a ripped version available after 4 hrs of work... but it would be very selfish and pretentious of myself to act like a god and tell other people what they should or not do, should or not download or what to leave and remove when I have NOTHING to do with that mod.

ps: in my personal opinion all information should be free, I don't care about the money behind it, what ever happend to just having passion and loving something? coming together as a community? .. never mind where the 0's and 1's come from.. again thats my personal opinion which im sure people will find insulting on some level anyways.

mod-edit: refrain from using vulgar language in this volatile enviroment

If all information should be free then there wouldn't be any as no one could earn a living creating it!! I'd like to see what you would do if your boss/employer told you they wouldn't pay you because they think your time and effort is worthless and should be free?!? The age of the content is irrelevant, unless the content creator has been deceased for 50 years or more. I regularly license content that was created over a decade ago and when i see infringement I take action - and if the thief is benefiting finically then I take legal action. Nuff said!

If all information should be free then there wouldn't be any as no one could earn a living creating it!! I'd like to see what you would do if your boss/employer told you they wouldn't pay you because they think your time and effort is worthless and should be free?!? The age of the content is irrelevant, unless the content creator has been deceased for 50 years or more. I regularly license content that was created over a decade ago and when i see infringement I take action - and if the thief is benefiting finically then I take legal action. Nuff said!

joe, not everyone does it for the money. Check out how many free mods are in production just for passion and love for the game. :)

Last edited:
joe, not everyone does it for the money. Check out how many free mods are in production just for passion and love for the game. you do as you wish man, ill still have my opinion which is valid like it or not :)

My point is don't assume that just because you're OK with it everyone else is. Most of the people who are happy to do it for free can do so because it's not their bread and butter. There are many things I volunteer to do free of charge but that does not mean I'm OK with people stealing my livelihood.

That's like saying I'm not a real singer because I sing karaoke for fun. Speaking of which, karaoke contest tonight. Criminal style :cool:
But I do write my own songs and music.
Is karaoke still copyright infringement? I think they (the legit ones at least) still have to pay to have the songs on their equipment. Unless they're doing it analog on disc.

My point is don't assume that just because you're OK with it everyone else is. Most of the people who are happy to do it of free can do so because it's not their bread and butter. There are many things I volunteer to do free of charge but that does not mean I'm OK with people stealing my livelihood.
i never assumed everyone else is ok with it, i stated very clearly it was my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back