Porsche 997 GT3 RSR [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is clear theft by lazy people who disrespect other people's work
If they were somehow deprived of something because of someone else using their content, then sure, it could be seen as theft. However, you're not taking the content away from the authors, but copy it. Also, it's used in a completely unrelated product, so you're not exactly reducing the authors' product's sales.

...it is also putting Kunos in an unpleasant spot
No, it doesn't. They have nothing to do with it and the files aren't even hosted on their servers.
They can't take responsibility for everything that the people do with their product.

Last edited:
Have people not got anything else to worry about? RD's stance has been explained, the companies that this affects will if needed take action, until that point its simple.

There is no obligation to use, download or even look at this thread. If you don't like it then don't download and use it, simple.

The only question that bothers me is what will motivate people to create scratch made projects if this is allowed? I do like when people are kind and not selfish when they share different mods.

I love AC and I do understand getting permission for using content that others put many long days and countless hrs on creating. There are a few thing I wish AC would set right and I'm sure in the end they will. This Porsche was a nice car before the latest update. Now the steering is way to much, it's hard to get around the track now. Not sure if it's my Thrustmaster F1 Integral T500rs wheel or what. All the other cars steer fine, and so did the Porsche untill this update. Not sure if this is the proper place to put my comment if not, I'm sorry for that!

Where does it say it's illegal? It lists Turn10 as the original creator.. But you insist it's illegal. Does that mean you did the ILLEGAL conversion yourself? Unless you did the conversion, who are you to say for sure that whoever DID do it didn't get permission from someone at Turn10 to indeed use the car model? Not saying it's likely, but I'm not gonna say it's impossible. I could just take it down to keep 2 or 3 people from whining and pitching fits.... Or I could just leave it so that the other members can enjoy it. Either way, there will be people that bitch about it. I don't really care either way. I just thought it would be nice to actually have some files in the CAR section under the AC downloads. Did you go through all the videos on YouTube and leave crappy comments about ILLEGAL CONVERSION on those? What about the page where the car was uploaded to begin with?
You should. Turn 10 have never, and would never give permission for anyone to use their RIPPED cars. If they were fine with it, they would have made the files all available for download. But no, they're locked inside an encrypted file somewhere inside your FM4 disc. So guess what, that's stealing. Which is also illegal.

Lots of things are illegal. As a resident of the USA, I see illegal things all the time. Half the dirty underhanded backstabbing b.s. done by our president is illegal too, but the populace is complacent and blinded by media. -shrugs-
I'm trying to learn how to convert cars. Mostly because I want to see some stuff in-game that I truly enjoy.. Like F-Bodies, for instance. I've owned several third-gens, including both an '86 WS.6 Trans Am and an '87 IROC-Z/28, and the delicousness that is the '99 Trans Am. I'd love to get some of those cars in AC. And a '68 Chevelle. Because the '70 is ugly and I don't like the tail-lights of the '69. There are tons of "free-use" 3d models. I've got a handful sitting on my hdd at the moment. Sometimes the free models aren't super nice, but some are and you can always tweak the mesh.

Delete! Please!
Please allow only honest work here on RD.

gruß
dIrtY
We encourage honest work, however:

our position on this matter is crystal clear:
If the original copyright holder (Turn 10 in this case) reports us an infringement of copyright and provides proof, we will immediately take it down.

Guys, if you must engage in this thread, then keep it civl. We are monitoring the situation with this mod.

We encourage honest work, however:

our position on this matter is crystal clear:
If the original copyright holder (Turn 10 in this case) reports us an infringement of copyright and provides proof, we will immediately take it down.

Guys, if you must engage in this thread, then keep it civl. We are monitoring the situation with this mod.
Well maybe you should make it clearer, because I've been told, let's say, 3 different things than what you said.

Guys look, even though I do agree that illegal mods should be dealt with more strictly, you can't just incessantly post in response to the staff members expecting that to change the entire upload policy of RD.

As Rupe and Georg have said, just because nothing is happening upfront, doesn't mean they're just ignoring it.

If the guy who uploaded just said "i done this myself but sounds are from GTR 2" no-one here would of batted an eyelid.

Also in regards to theft...... SimBin, Kunos, Iracing etc etc etc etc have to obtain a licence or an agreement with car manufacturers and tracks to be able to feature them in their game. Yes?
So these "scratch built" tracks and cars that haven't made an agreement with manufacturers or circuit owners to have them in ANY game.... are these now deemed illegal? Where does it stop?
Using Google Maps to get the outline for a circuit - should Google ask for it to be taken down for using their software?

I remember a while ago i was a bit of a painter in the Forza series and someone who was allegedly from a WTCC team's legal beagles threatened to sue Turn 10 if they didn't remove all WTCC liveries and associated sponsors from people's storefronts etc.
They were told in no uncertain terms to bugger off.

mod-edit:
no need for inflamatory or even misogynistic language, especially in this thread, in this volatile enviroment

Not strictly relevant but copyright etc. is sometimes not worth the hassle to chase and make a fuss of.

Last edited by a moderator:
You never answered about your Corvette either.
Oh what about it. Why I haven't uploaded it? Well I've already chosen an upload host (that happens to not be RD), it's a beta so I'm not gonna update it on every website every single time it has an update (there have been 8 including patches so far),
(mod edit: lets keep it civil please)

Last edited by a moderator:
If the guy who uploaded just said "i done this myself but sounds are from GTR 2" no-one here would of batted an eyelid.

Also in regards to theft...... SimBin, Kunos, Iracing etc etc etc etc have to obtain a licence or an agreement with car manufacturers and tracks to be able to feature them in their game. Yes?
So these "scratch built" tracks and cars that haven't made an agreement with manufacturers or circuit owners to have them in ANY game.... are these now deemed illegal? Where does it stop?
Using Google Maps to get the outline for a circuit - should Google ask for it to be taken down for using their software?

I remember a while ago i was a bit of a painter in the Forza series and someone who was allegedly from a WTCC team's legal beagles threatened to sue Turn 10 if they didn't remove all WTCC liveries and associated sponsors from people's storefronts etc.
They were told in no uncertain terms to crawl back up their mother's fanny.

Not strictly relevant but copyright etc. is sometimes not worth the hassle to chase and make a fuss of.
SimBin, Kunos, and iRacing need licensing agreements because they are monetizing off of the product that they are producing. Scratch made mods do not, as they don't charge. If they did, then that's where the problems come into play. In this particular case with this Porsche, the issue lies in that the model is from Turn10. That means that for Turn10 to make that model and sell it, they had to pay cold hard money. And now someone gets to take it and say "Oh... Well you're not using this anymore. So I will. Ok? Cool, bye." It doesn't work like that.

Edit: I would put my own money down on a bet that someone, at least one person, would notice and recognize that the car is from Forza. So there would be eyes batted.

(mod edit: let keep it civil please.)
I was merely asking about your mod so I'd at least know what to expect from you in terms of models/conversions/etc.

They were told in no uncertain terms to crawl back up their mother's fanny.

You obviously don't earn your living by creating content! Well, I do and I take copyright infringement very seriously. No, I don't let it slide when my work is stolen and regularly have content removed from websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back