1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Porsche 962 Short Tail @ Spa [Special Event]

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Setups' started by BroncosXR8, Dec 2, 2016 at 05:32.

1. So I've just cracked the bronze achievement at Spa in the 962 Short Tail.

I'm definitely no setup master, and mainly get mine direct from here, however I wasn't able to find any for this combo so had to mess around with it myself. Dropped a good 3-4 seconds with the attached setup.

Mainly dropped some fuel, a little front camber and toe, a slight change to the rear, and dropped one click of downforce.
    It does just hit the limiter at the end of Kemmel straight, however changing the final drive ratio doesn't help the lap time, though it does make it less likely to spin up in lower gears.

If anyone has a good setup please feel free to share. I'm loving this combo but just can't crack the good times.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016 at 00:51
  2. I think I may have accidently uploaded the stock setup in my first post, its now edited with a setup I believe to be very close to the one I set that time on it may have a little more top speed so I don't hit the limiter, and a touch of rear camber.

Its a very stable setup particularly in the rear end, though the front does still push a little mid-corner, I've dialled that out some compared to the stock setup which you mainly feel in Stavelot.

3. This setup is quite unstable in the rear end. Its similar to above but with some more rear toe and camber.
    I feel it 'could' be faster in the right hands, but you need to be VERY careful of oversteer both on and off throttle, however it gives much better mid corner grip when it has traction.

Attached Files: