1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche 917K

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by rmi_wood, Apr 8, 2009.

1. teaser...

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6013215639405004120"]Video [/ame]

Download Link:

2. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

A mod like that would be Fantastic..and that SOUND just Awesome !

Thanks, Hans
  3. That looks and sounds awesome indeed...!
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

:plus1: thats just fantastic!
  5. Bloody hell! Absolutely fantastic!

Imagine what a whole field of those monsters would be like!
    Cars like this could be what bring people back to GTL too.:good:
  6. Wish someone would make this car for rFactor. Only could find one of these for rFactor, and that is in the Le Mans 1970 mod, but the model isn't the best.
  7. Outstanding. Sounds bloody awesome :smile-big:
  8. Hope a Ferrari 512 is coming so to strive against the Porsche
  9. Thanks.

It looks, sounds and drives great.
  10. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh2Cha65IQ4[/ame]
  11. Guys,

I hope some day we can have the 1970 cars in this excellent platform.This 917 is awesome.Thank you!!!
  12. I am a beginner at this program so please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question. I loaded the 917k and it runs beautifully. I was even surprised to find that the car is quite stable at high speeds unlike the early real ones. Trouble is, I don't have any engine sounds. How do I activate this?

It's fixed - just needed to put the two sound folders in the GTL/Gamedata/Sound folder.
  13. Hello all,

Have just returned to GTL after a long pause and found this car released. Downloaded it with much anticipation and unpacked it as per the instructions. However, I can find no trace of the car after starting the game. Having never had an 'ExtraCars' folder before, I tried for experiment's sake to copy the 'Porsche_917K' folder into the 'GTC-65' & 'GTC-TC-76' folders, but still can't see it.

Have looked around for a solution, but the few questions hinting at similar problem by others seems to have gone unanswered. Would be most grateful if someone could clarify what I'm obviously missing.

Best regards,
  14. Erling, what I tend to do with all mods & tracks is unpack them into a spare folder and not straight into the game. After doing this you will need to leave the 917 files in the ExtraCars folder and then just put this in the Teams folder and not into any of the other there. Then just place the two sound folders in the Sounds folder in the game and all should be fine. The car itself will then show in the FIA GTC-65 Class for reasons I can't fathom, then all you will need to do is buy the cars you want and away you go.