1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Skins Porsche 917-30 L&M Tobacco (George Follmer & Mark Donohue) 1.0

Porsche 917-30 L&M Tobacco, No6 and No7.

1. Graham Botha submitted a new resource:

Porsche 917-30 L&M Tobacco (George Follmer & Mark Donohue) - Porsche 917-30 L&M Tobacco

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Hi Graham,
    Re the spec map, use light purple like #c680c6 for the metal sides and use a medium green for the decals that go on top.

3. Hi thanks. Do I colour it like a normal skin? I've never done a spec map before so I'm not quite sure how to go about it. Using Photoshop CS6 at the moment. . .

4. Starting with the 100% green spec map, I'd proceed that way:

- make a copy of your skin psd

- merge your decal layers together to have one decal layer

- get rid of the paint layers

- put a copy of the green spec map under the decals (you may have to resize, as usually they come in lower res)

- draw in vector a purple shape covering the metal sidepods on top of the green spec map, set blending mode to hue or color (whatever works best); if you need to adjust brightness, use opacity and fill ratios, or use an adjustment layer on top of the shape with clipping mask

- duplicate the green spec map, put it on top of the decal layer with clipping mask; put an adjustment layer with clipping mask on top to make it a little darker/greener.

That way you can always reverse/tinker things until you are happy with the result.

5. Cool, I'll give it a go and see how it works out for me. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it :)