• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Skins Porsche 917-30 L&M Tobacco (George Follmer & Mark Donohue) 1.0

Porsche 917-30 L&M Tobacco, No6 and No7.

1. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +414
    Graham Botha submitted a new resource:

Porsche 917-30 L&M Tobacco (George Follmer & Mark Donohue) - Porsche 917-30 L&M Tobacco

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +414
  3. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu

Ratings:
    +472
    Hi Graham,
    Re the spec map, use light purple like #c680c6 for the metal sides and use a medium green for the decals that go on top.

4. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +414
    Hi thanks. Do I colour it like a normal skin? I've never done a spec map before so I'm not quite sure how to go about it. Using Photoshop CS6 at the moment. . .

5. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu

Ratings:
    +472
    Starting with the 100% green spec map, I'd proceed that way:

- make a copy of your skin psd

- merge your decal layers together to have one decal layer

- get rid of the paint layers

- put a copy of the green spec map under the decals (you may have to resize, as usually they come in lower res)

- draw in vector a purple shape covering the metal sidepods on top of the green spec map, set blending mode to hue or color (whatever works best); if you need to adjust brightness, use opacity and fill ratios, or use an adjustment layer on top of the shape with clipping mask

- duplicate the green spec map, put it on top of the decal layer with clipping mask; put an adjustment layer with clipping mask on top to make it a little darker/greener.

That way you can always reverse/tinker things until you are happy with the result.

6. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +414
    Cool, I'll give it a go and see how it works out for me. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it :)