Porsche 914-6 VS Opel Kadett GTE @ Vallelunga - Tuesday 27th April 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

kdcvs914.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM GTC76
Class: Porsche 914-6 VS Opel Kadett GTE
Class Note: There are two versions of the Kadett. You need to use the one that the max RPM is 10200, not 8800.
Track: Vallelunga Autodromo
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You need the RDHGPS4 skinpack.
Note3: You must choose a different make of car for each race. The order in which you drive them will be assigned based on the order of sign-ups. Starting with the Kadett for myself, and alternating onwards down the list.
Note4: I don't know if they will help or hinder, but here they are...My setups for both cars (you might need to adjust gearing)

Attachments

• CDKadett.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 296
  • CD914.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 279
Even though the track is kinda on the short side, it still manages to throw a bunch of different kinds of turns at you. It has a fast right sweeper, a medium speed banked right, a fast tricky chicane, a reducing radius right, a super tight slow left, and a fast straight. I'm sure I'm missing some more turns.

And I find it easy to memorize with a nice flow to it.

I hope you guys end up liking it as much I do lol.

Nice track for sure, love the Italian countryside...if you come off the fast right sweeper on the front straight, you may go down a hill, the only way out I found was along the fencing, again, nice countryside. So far have only tested the Kadett and I find the gearing to be perfect for me. There is a turn for every gear ( using the CD setup as a guide )

Can you change my participation to tentative please? My good lady is sitting the final exams of her Masters this week so I may need to assist her with revision etc. Thursday night should be OK for league night but Tuesday might be difficult and she comes first if it's a toss up.

I remember driving the 914 a while back, pre-sim days, NFS Porsche, keyboard, it was just torture, hated the car. Did a lap or two now in GTL, pleasantly surprised, drives great.
I overtook a 911, then went off the track, and then overtook the same 911 again :D

I also think I might have an idea about why the Elites server was misbehaving last week, as I got some very strange behaviour on this one last night too.

I think it's to do with the server name - every time I set up the server as "RACEDEPT GTC76" the server showed as having drivers "-1/36", I could still connect , but on exiting the server, it had disappeared from the Lobby.

While I was testing various setups of the dedi, I happened to alter the name to "RD test" and it was fine, but it took me a few goes to work out that, by the time I got it working, the only difference was the name.

Anyway, it appears that server names like "RACEDEPT xxxx" (where xxxx = the race class) have some sort of clash, so we'll make sure we use something slightly different from now on.

Yes it is, Amir - even though there are a few updates out there, Carlos chose to stay with the one that a lot of us had already downloaded and used.

I think Carlos is right - it's a good idea to stay with v1.0 - We know that it worked perfectly, and it's already on the servers.

I also think I might have an idea about why the Elites server was misbehaving last week, as I got some very strange behaviour on this one last night too.

I think it's to do with the server name - every time I set up the server as "RACEDEPT GTC76" the server showed as having drivers "-1/36", I could still connect , but on exiting the server, it had disappeared from the Lobby.

While I was testing various setups of the dedi, I happened to alter the name to "RD test" and it was fine, but it took me a few goes to work out that, by the time I got it working, the only difference was the name.

Anyway, it appears that server names like "RACEDEPT xxxx" (where xxxx = the race class) have some sort of clash, so we'll make sure we use something slightly different from now on.

Since we only have one server up at a time (almost always) I think we could even just stick with one name for the server regardless of what class we are using. We rarely if ever run two servers at once. The first time I ever saw it happen was when we ran the skin testing server.

So we could just stick with "RD GTL CLUB" and "RDHGP S5"(For the league) or something like that. Name stays the same regardless of the class of cars being used.

Let me know what you think, Stu.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back