Porsche 912 @ Dijon Prenois - Tue 15th May 2012

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Porsche 912 mod (Download)
Track: Dijon Prenois Short / GP (Defaults)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (14 laps)

Note1: Default Skins that come with the mod Only
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Roland Warmenhoven
  5. Rupe Wilson
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito
  7. Jack Smith
  8. David Cuthill
  9. Carlos Diaz
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

Joined late, my first clean lap was the superpole lap in quali. I noticed I was just one second off the non-Knut drivers, and all was well.

Bad starts in both races, barely moved off the line. Issues up front, gained what, 2-3-4 places?
Got up to 2nd in race 1 at one point, but then fell to 3rd behind Stuart, and stayed there till the end.

I'm a poor driver (when ahead of someone). Am I braking too early for them, am I blocking the road too much, am I too slow in this corner... Much more comfortable following. But I had 5 gears, and Stuart had 4, so I was often catching up on the straight. The problem then is I'm bad at overtaking too, LOL. Preferred to fall back in line most of the time.
Still, the fun part was the close racing, very enjoyable.

Race 2, same bad start, fell back a couple of spots. Followed Roland and being followed by Rupe I think. Similar pace between the three of us. Roland then made a mistake, I went by, and was alone after that. 4 seconds to people ahead, 6 seconds to people behind in the end.

Tires worn near the end, had some scary slides. From my few practice laps, I remembered that the car doesn't respond well to me sliding it, so tried to be more careful.

3rd and 4th, better day than most :)

Great combo, thanks to Stuart and Roland :thumbsup:, see you Thursday.

Been a while since I have so much fun.

Race 1: was looking to be a hell of a race, but then the top 3 get involved in an accident leaving me first with Thommo closely behind. Thommo quickly gets past me and then I just try to stick with him best as I can. Then Thommo spins handing me 1st again. I get lucky and I'm able to drive the rest of the race pretty close to the edge of my limits and without spinning it. Race was lonely but a win is nice.

Race 2: FUN FUN FUN!!! Race long battle between Knut, Thommo, and I. We didn't even scratch each other, the kind of clean racing you can only find here in the GTL club. We all swapped places several times, I ended up 3rd (very happy with that result), Knut 2nd (I think I slowed him down a bit, but he will deny that of course lol), and Thommo a well deserved 1st (Grats Sir!!).

Lovely cars. And a great combo they make with Dijon.

I found this car difficult to catch on to and I was way behind in race 1. I listened to some driving tips on TS ( TS does have advantages) and by race 2 I began to get a feel for how to control her in the corners and I was with the pack, all be it, at the back for several laps but eventually I began to fall back. I was having a good time until I went off on turn 1 three laps in a row. Sometimes I forget how I successfully solved a corner earlier and totally mess it up later. 60's thing. What a race killer that is! I did manage to drop my time considerable but still behind the pace.
Wd done to podiums, thank Stu, cheers to all. Club races are indeed fun.

The Porsche 912 is a nice car with a twist,took some time to get used to it.
After some server trouble Roland put up his home server so we could race thanks for that

Race 1,was last on T1 behind Jack an in the uphill corner was a bit faster an hit Jack sorry for that, I wait an of we go, but saw Jack go of again an decided to wait an have some fun together,after a lap or seven we are lapped an then I lost Jack an Roland zooming by an try to keep up an slowly getting a bit closer but run out of laps !

R 2, same start an was last in T1 but stay close on the field, but in L2 did not make T1 an hit the gravel took a while to get out of it so had a big gap to the pack, it took at least 5 laps to get close on Jack again he all so lost it in T1 so with half the race try to get closer to Rupe an Roland but the gap stay the same did some laps in 1.39.xxx pleased with that !!
Nice to see Carlos again who take first place in R1,an Stu in R2, Grats !!
Thanks Stu, nice surprise ! an the guys for racing!!

Funny little cars these but their tendency to hang out the back end was hard to manage for me. Had a great fun time with them though in both races.
Once we got going all was good as usual... Pings were as good as on the RD server, so close racing without any issues was possible.:)
In Race 2 more than in Race 1 I was struggling to keep up though:O_o: ; it took me a while to put in some decent laptimes and combined with a few spins I found myself hanging out way at the back of the field by then.
Made it up to chasing Senad both times, but both times he was just plain quicker than me so no glory there..
Good to see you do well again Senad, and they weren't even Minis.
So stop hiding behind "I'm a poor driver (when ahead of someone)...":p There's no such thing as braking too early or going too slow for someone else, as long as you keep 'em behind doing so. And you know you're not a poor driver when you set your mind to it, I think like me you just prefer being an underdog :unsure::whistling:..

Grats to both podiums, and thanks all for racing! CY soon.

First of all, many thanks to Roland for setting up the server and saving what turned out to be a great event:thumbsup:

For me it was "one of those days" from when I woke up at 8 till start of event. But despite the server problems it ended up with a very nice event.

I made a few mistakes in Race 1 and I involved Rupe in one of them in the beginning of the race. Sorry about that, looked like it could have been a nice battle there.

Race 2 was a sweet battle with Stuart and Carlos. Great stuff:thumbsup:

Thanks Stuart for organizing and thanks to all that showed up.

Two shots from Race 2:
gtl2012051700191062.png

Once again a great night ..
My driving was not as good even though i loved these cars i think i was trying to hard,
Sorry Knut for my over enthusiasm my intention was to keep it tight but i rubbed your rear trying to cross over... BIG sorry... i felt so bad after that id lost all mt confidence and struggled to lap consistently ... race 2 got a little better but i just chickened out of racing and only drove ...
It was a strange night and with Roland helping with the Server fun was had ...
See you all on track Tonight...:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years