AC Porsche 911 RSR @ Nordschleife (Live Stream) - Thursday March 30, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, mixed feelings about this one. Managed to get pole position but on the race the car just wasn't behaving well with the medium tires and struggled a lot specially in the beginning, had no grip. My tires were always cold for some reason, even with tire pressure at 20psi. Probably should have ran minimum tire pressure, or my setup just hated medium tires for some reason. :D

Congrats to Matteo for the win and to the podium. At least you guys kept it on the grey stuff during the race unlike me. :p Lesson learned, I still got to improve a lot. Thanks for the race guys. :thumbsup:

Reactions: BhZ
Well, mixed feelings about this one. Managed to get pole position but on the race the car just wasn't behaving well with the medium tires and struggled a lot specially in the beginning, had no grip. My tires were always cold for some reason, even with tire pressure at 20psi. Probably should have ran minimum tire pressure, or my setup just hated medium tires for some reason. :D

Congrats to Matteo for the win and to the podium. At least you guys kept it on the grey stuff during the race unlike me. :p Lesson learned, I got to improve. Thanks for the race guys. :thumbsup:
I actually trained with mediums the whole time...switched to softs when i saw people were using them. So the car was tested 100% with mediums. Anyway in AC there's no way to keep the mediums in temperature, mine were cold as well.

I actually trained with mediums the whole time...switched to softs when i saw people were using them. So the car was tested 100% with mediums. Anyway in AC there's no way to keep the mediums in temperature, mine were cold as well.

Well, that explains why you were so quick. :) I did practice a few laps with mediums but I couldn't get nowhere near your pace. Why are mediums cold on AC? Flaw on the tire model or bug?

Thanks for the race everyone! ;)
Did anyone not forget to save the replay (unlike me) and wouldn't mind to upload it somewhere? :notworthy:

That race was so difficult mama Mia! Basically qualifying from lap 1. Did a quick 30 min race run on mediums before but was on green track so was no use to me in the race. Ran standard everything basically and just drove the nuts off it :D happy to get 2nd. Was too catious on lap 1.. Then got held up a little.. But anyway 2nd good :)

Reactions: BhZ
Well, that explains why you were so quick. :) I did practice a few laps with mediums but I couldn't get nowhere near your pace. Why are mediums cold on AC? Flaw on the tire model or bug?
I honestly don't know. I don't think it's a bug because the problem was there in previous tire model too. I guess it's the tire model itself that is somehow wrong. I'm not sure soft should overheat that much at spa as well to be honest. The bus stop is basically done on ice because of that. Let's not talk about supersoft...

Guys, one question: what do i need to change in the setup to help me go over the kerbs and bumps? This race was rough for me. Almost everytime i went over one i spun the car.
Except for a few, you shouldn't touch the kerbs on that track. I'm no expert, but in theory you should work on fast bump and fast rebound. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I honestly don't know. I don't think it's a bug because the problem was there in previous tire model too. I guess it's the tire model itself that is somehow wrong. I'm not sure soft should overheat that much at spa as well to be honest. The bus stop is basically done on ice because of that. Let's not talk about supersoft...

Tires are fine, always check the weather when in the pit. Today was 18 degrees, it was a weather for soft tire. Even though it didn't last until the end, it was still a compound to go with. On Sunday I raced 488 with hards and they were up to temp, so tires are fine.
This basically the dilemma from today. You either take mediums and have same low grip throughout the whole race, but its consistent, or you take softs, have optimal grip for 2.5 laps, then another half a lap you start feeling that tires deteriorate and final lap becomes very shady, but you still get decent lap time.
Grip wise, I think dieing softer compound with correct pressures and temp gives better grip than cold harder compound, even if its still green.

Tires are fine, always check the weather when in the pit. Today was 18 degrees, it was a weather for soft tire. Even though it didn't last until the end, it was still a compound to go with. On Sunday I raced 488 with hards and they were up to temp, so tires are fine.
This basically the dilemma from today. You either take mediums and have same low grip throughout the whole race, but its consistent, or you take softs, have optimal grip for 2.5 laps, then another half a lap you start feeling that tires deteriorate and final lap becomes very shady, but you still get decent lap time.
Grip wise, I think dieing softer compound with correct pressures and temp gives better grip than cold harder compound, even if its still green.
Well the race on Sunday was at Mugello. That track kills tires. It literally does. They would remain up to temp even with 10 degrees. I think that no matter the temp, medium tires should be able to reach a good temperature. AC has definitely some problem in that area. The nordschleife, if you think about it, has often 3-4 turns followed by a straight. This make the tires impossible to reach the right temp (as they work on AC).

Tires are fine, always check the weather when in the pit. Today was 18 degrees, it was a weather for soft tire. Even though it didn't last until the end, it was still a compound to go with.

Personally for me, the soft tyres could be fine for the whole race, they last 3 laps to my driving, I think the fourth at the end of the could be a bit hard, but enough. Anyway, I did my best time on the second lap with medium tyres (i choose the safe option, instead of the Thuesday race on Spa with DTM where I choose Soft and reach the second place when qualified 8th), but I didn't get a good feeling with that 911, I felt she tried to kill me on every corner, especialy if I go a bit on the kerbs. With other car I can handle it, but not with this car. I spin out at the end of the first lap, trying to catch with the top 3. And on teh last lap, same place, trying to go hard for my best lap ^^.

Sorry for my poor english, I hope you can understand me :D. But a very good race from my POV, with a good challenge :).

That was good fun :) . I'm sorry for the 2-3 small taps I gave to people along the opening lap especially, I was struggling a tad under braking because I mapped my brake bias rear button to my pus to talk, yet didnt map a forward button! :O_o: . I opted to go for softs which was the better option for the first 2.5 laps... After that, not so much ^_^ . I think I had the pace to go for a top-10, but with my car being an absolute pig in the final 1.5 laps, I took 16th like a win :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%