• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cars Porsche 911 RSR (997) GT3 Cup [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by Patrick Giranthon, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,236
    Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Porsche 911 (997) GT3 Cup - Porsche Cup for GSCEx

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 3
  2. BlkJello

BlkJello

Ratings:
    +22
    Imho....By far the best mod for GSCEx. Thank you so very much. Really nice job:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +379
    Had a blast with the 997 GT3 tonight... nice job Patrick!

4. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +247
    How is this car compared to the 07, 09 supercup mod?

5. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +379
    Not sure which mods you are referring to with the 07 and 09, I have Patrick's 911 Cup RSR 3.0L and the Porsche Carrera Cup by Paul Smith but haven't raced the Carrera Cup cars in a while - will need to run them back to back.

6. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +247
    Yah I meant the carrera cup. Theres also a supercup mod but i think the cars are basically the same.

7. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,236
    One of the reason I chose this car was my unsatisfaction with the other supercup mod, even If the car could be pleasant to drive (the other was to give a tribute to the original 911 rsr 3.0L). But tire model was really not good in my opinion. Renato doesn't do physics to seduce poeple. He does physics to do... physics :D. By chance these ones are also nice to drive :roflmao:. There is a deepness in these cars I never found in any gt3 mod for GSC.
    Yes, I support the mod :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +247
    I havent driven it yet. Cant wait though

9. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,236
  10. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +583
    Thanks for these cars Patrick, can't wait to try them.

I just found a minor error in the Porsche v Ferrari mod (sorry) I'm not even sure if it will have much or any effect - I was nosing through the hdv files comparing the two cars, and I noticed in the Porsche HDV, two lines have become joined together:
    FeelerFlags=15FeelerOffset=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0) // offset from cg to use when generating feelers

Thought I should mention it, but I really don't know if it would affect gameplay much anyway.

Thanks again, these look excellent, cars and tracks are all very much appreciated :)

11. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,236
    Can you try to cut these lines in two parts please? I will ask renato about that.

12. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +583
    Yes, I have changed it to

FeelerFlags=15
    FeelerOffset=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0) // offset from cg to use when generating feelers

which is I am sure what it should be, and it works fine. I presume some of the damage detection may not work properly with the lines joined together, but that is just my guess as I have never messed with those.

Just tried the Porsche v Ferrari Mod, and thank you again, it is fantastic, I will enjoy racing these.

Oh, one more extremely minor point ( I promise it is not Pick on Patrick Day ) , but I noticed that Valentino Rossi is not in his number 46 car, which I thought was odd. Doesn't really matter of course, unless you're a MotoGP fan, but I will move him into the number 46 as it is definitely his car, with 'The Doctor' on the windscreen.

Great work Patrick, RSV and Renato :)

13. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,236
    If I have understood well, lines which are not in the hdv can take a default values.
    If these values are 15 and 0,0,0 by default, so it will not change anything. Anyway i will check to be sure.

14. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,236
    Keith, please drive as If you were on PS1 in destruction Derby and check If collisions are ok please. With original lines.

15. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +583
    I've only had chance for a very quick drive, but I tried it 1) with original, and 2) after separating the lines, and I can see no difference when rubbing against other cars. It might well be that with a default of 0,0,0, it doesn't matter if the line is wrong. When I get chance to drive more later, if I find anything different I'll let you know.

Cheers :)

16. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,236
    Ok. So no need to update anything ;-) Thank you. Tell me in case of any change :)

17. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +495
    im finding the Ai cars tend to spin quite a bit. Especially if a car spins in front of them down the road.

18. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,236
    Depends on track in fact. If the aiw file has been done correctly. Is It the case on reiza tracks?

19. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +495
    the track I noticed was at a reiza track.(

tried the Carrera cup mod, and they didn't have the same trouble.

20. Marco Versele

Marco Versele
    Hhmmm, yes ...

Ratings:
    +56
    I have a strange problem ...
    I have two installations of GSCE.
    The P997RSRGT3 mod runs OK in one of them, but in the other there's an error with the interior front mirror: it shows a front view instead of a rear view.
    What is the error due to, and how can I repair?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.