Porsche 911 RSR 2017, Mazda 787B and Miata N/A Previews for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Assetto Corsa.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni Licencing Manager Marco Massarutto has revealed images of the Mazda 787B, Porsche 911 RSR 2017 and Mazda Miata due to be added to Assetto Corsa very soon.

When Kunos revealed back in December that the much anticipated Porsche 911 RSR 2017 due to be included in the third Porsche DLC release would be delayed, many fans were left disappointed by the news despite Kunos compensating players with the 911 Turbo S, and promising to add the RSR 2017 at a later date. Initially the developers expected a delayed release of the car by the end of January 2017, unfortunately that date has slipped slightly whilst the team work on finalising the physics of a car that has seen very little real life running following it's debut at the beginning of the year.

It has now been revealed by Massarutto that the RSR 2017 will be coming to Assetto Corsa, for no additional cost to those who own the Porsche Pack Volume III DLC, "very soon". This is undoubtedly very good news for fans of the game who have been enjoying the recent Porsche DLC packs, as the new 2017 version of the 911 RSR has been one of the most eagerly anticipated Porsches of recent years.

In other content news Massarutto has also confirmed a couple of cars announced some time ago will also be added to Assetto Corsa for free in the next few weeks. Firstly we have the very iconic and striking Mazda 787B of 90's Le Mans fame, as driven by British driver Johnny Herbert and fellow former Grand Prix drivers Stefan Johansson and Bertrand Gachot amongst others.
Mazda 787B Assetto Corsa.jpg

The other car revealed by Massarutto to be coming as free content shortly in Assetto Corsa is the lovely little Mazda Miata road car. Light weight, low power and known for some responsive handling, the Miata is surely going to be one of the more enjoyable handing cars and should be a perfect vehicle to help promote close and tight racing online.

Mazda Miata NA Assetto Corsa.jpg

Although no exact release date has been issued by either Massarutto or Kunos officially, it is expected that all three cars are due to be added in the not too distant future, possibly within the next few weeks.

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Looking forward to the new free cars? Which one appeals to you the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I still have my 787B v1.4 in case the three official liveries suffer editing and have sponsors removed. But that car with updated tires and external audio will be nice.

90's Group C club race with Mercedes C9 and Porsche 962c incoming?:whistling:

RaceDepartment won't run burrito's lovely tweak of the C9 so while the car can still be faster, it won't have anywhere near a realistic performance so most would run the 962. The regular C9 was a world beater too, so nobody would run a 787b either.

Nobody = most people

Porsche 962c
I still have my 787B v1.4 in case the three official liveries suffer editing and have sponsors removed. But that car with updated tires and external audio will be nice.

RaceDepartment won't run burrito's lovely tweak of the C9 so while the car can still be faster, it won't have anywhere near a realistic performance so most would run the 962. The regular C9 was a world beater too, so nobody would run a 787b either.

Nobody = most people

787B is the winner anyways xD

That statement was made with the sprint C9 in mind, not the Le Mans-only we were given.
Ah okay, well i am pretty sure that you get those 3 cars rather balanced with ballast. And if it's not perfectly balanced in the end, it doesn't matter as well. It's club races after all, you don't get price money. The Alfa is also quite clearly faster then the other two DTM cars, and you still see well balanced grids :) even more satisfactory when you leave a faster car behind you.
I am all for more diverse grids in AC, no matter in what category. Hate those single car grids, apart from the ones that are supposed to be.

At least Kunos delivers. Go to the GTR3 forum if you really want to be depressed about release dates and development time. I'd have to say Kunos is the best of the bunch in terms of delivering in a timely manner.

I still have my 787B v1.4 in case the three official liveries suffer editing and have sponsors removed.

I did try to avoid it but the original UV had some overlapping, which had to be fixed, so old skins will need to be updated with the new templates. It's about 95% the same, but it will still probably cause some mismatch.

The Mazda-approved official liveries will keep their original sponsoring.

• Deleted member 130869

Good to know, Panky! I hope my Playsure cars don't need much tweaking ... unless you want those to make them official

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%