Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 CSR Elite Edition

Has anyone got this wheel and pedals? is it worth the price? I'm seriously thinking about getting this wheel/pedal combo.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I've currently got a G25 but think I want a belt drive wheel.

As someone who mostly play at night close to someone sleeping I can happily report that the RS v2 is very silent. It still makes some noise ofc, but the fan is more noisy than the wheel IMO and my wife commented on it being a lot more silent than my previous wheel (logitech momo).

Upvote 0
Actually my first impression when I got the wheel was a bit of a downer, I was expecting the FFB to be way stronger than on my old wheel, more direct and more attack. Dunno why since I knew that belt driven wheels are smoother than gear driven wheels, but I was still expecting more force :p
That quickly went away though as I started feeling the FFB being much more detailed than before (this is probably just because it's a better wheel than the old Momo, not a pro of the belts at all), and ofc it felt smooth. Couple of hours in and I loved it, really really loved it!
I'm overall SO happy with my purchase.
The wheel is silent and performs wheel, it looks and feels in a different league to the logitech wheels, logitech wheels look like toys in comparison (but are great wheels), hell it even has the smell of new car hahaha.
I love the fact that the wheelbase is so small, and the tableclamp does the job for me (the plastic clamps that comes with the wheel), makes mounting and unmounting the wheel a breeze and since I don't tend to pull the wheel while driving like some people do, I don't have a issue with it's stability.
Pedals have been great too so far, haven't used the clutch much yet though since I don't have a shifter yet, tried using it with paddleshifters but that just felt so weird.

Only issues I've had so far are these two;
- The wheel got off center after a couple of days, I tried to do as it said in the manual but that didn't help. Couple of days ago I flashed the latest beta firmware, that had a new manual in it and a new way to center the wheel, so that's solved now.
- The loadcell brake requires a bit of pressure to break the car, which didn't rhyme well with me playing on a office chair with wheels on it (on a hard wood floor), so I was actually pushing the chair away from my desk when braking hard. I've somehow adjusted my braking technique so this ain't a issue anymore, but it was annoying at first :p

Upvote 0
Great thanks, I don't have the problem with the force on the pedals sliding me back, having a homemade rig, I'm seriously needing the load cell as I'm slowly loosing the feel in the g25 pedals :p . I think I'll buy this combo too then, as I kind of am getting more and more annoyed that driving at night / late evening is a no go :) and especially the lack of buttons on the wheel is beginning to get me now, after 3 years of usage. I'll most definitely get this sucker hard mounted so it doesn't move at all :) . Probably gonna get those pedals inverted as well without the inversion kit ( the joys of a wooden rig :p ).

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back