AC Porsche 911 GT3 CUP @ Spa - Thursday 13th of April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just to be sure I'll do everything as I should.
  • At 18:00GMT the practice session begins: I have to log-in before the start, after, or it doesn't make any difference?
  • There will be any booking? If I have to leave the session for any reason can I go in again?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm a newbie in this type of organized events :rolleyes:

I ran a couple of laps earlier.. the lack of the ABS is pure madness.
For me completing both races would be a success, doesn't matter in which position

No (factory) ABS? Why?

Would mean I have to relearn braking with this car in tonight's practise. But what am I crying about. It's the same for everyone. Just asking...

Last edited:
Just to be sure I'll do everything as I should.
  • At 18:00GMT the practice session begins: I have to log-in before the start, after, or it doesn't make any difference?
  • There will be any booking? If I have to leave the session for any reason can I go in again?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm a newbie in this type of organized events :rolleyes:
Until qualy ends, right?

No booking, but please be there as soon as possible. We have short 30 mins official practice sessions now, so please be there on time. Should you be late, always notify me by commenting in this thread, because I'm supposed to give away free slots to reserves about half way through practice.

________________________________________________________________________________________

One question.

Why not set the abs on factory.
I can drive without it, but for more battles its better to put the abs on factory.

Just my opinion.

No (factory) ABS? Why?

Would mean I have to relearn braking with this car in tonight's practise. But what am I crying about. It's the same for everyone. Just asking...

I'll have to get to grips with it as well this evening. This might end in some fierce flatspotting... I would prefer the ABS on factory setting, but since we are all in the same boat...

Agreed, factory abs would be great!

Simply because these cars do not have ABS in real life series. No TC and no ABS. The only reason Kunos added ABS as an option, is because you can get ABS modules for this cars, if you want to homologate them in multiclass GT series which require ABS.

Just trying to keep things as close to reality as possible, that's all.

My recommendation is to lower brake pressure, 90% works for me. If you feel like the car is unstable under braking, move brake bias forwards. With a little testing, they start feeling very natural without any assists.

Server is up.
There is a free practice server running too, so please make sure to get off of that and join official practice on race server on time, when the session begins.
For reserves, please remain on practice server and get as much practice in as possible, and also be on TS, so when time comes, if there are free slots, I will call you to join.

Tip: as there is no ABS, lower the brake pressure to about 90% and maybe move brake bias towards front, for additional stability. That should make the car feel natural.

Please be on time! There are lots of reserve drivers waiting, if you are late and have not notified me, there is a chance you will lose your spot.

@Geof you are now on the main server :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back