AC Porsche 911 GT3 CUP @ Silverstone GP - Thursday 13th of July 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
porsche-motorsport-image.jpg

Image by Porsche AG
We continue to follow F1 with Mobil 1 supercup series, this time at the good old Silverstone

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Who can join?
All premium members using their full REAL NAME in the forum, servers and teamspeak

can sign up for this event and a maximum of two servers available for this event.
Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU CUP #6
Cars: 2017 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (No ABS) (Porsche Pack #3 )
Track: Silverstone GP

Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.6 Download

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 1: 19:50 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 2: 20:15 GMT (20 minutes) Reversed grid for top 12.

Entry List
  1. Eugene Abramoff
  2. Magnus Stjerneby
  3. HO7DOG
  4. TheStig1458
  5. David Molina
  6. Slalom823
  7. Daniel Vieira
  8. Robin Stark
  9. Asterix
  10. Tobias Röhner
  11. jeffreygek1
  12. Kade
  13. Shakunee
  14. Geof
  15. Leprekaun*
  16. s2173
  17. Giovanni Zicchi
  18. Giovanni Chiarotto
  19. xoSx.Racing
  20. Lucas Gerlach
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
UTP #?

Last edited:
I tried this car last night on a public server and really enjoyed it. Have just realised this series uses the same car, but crucially without ABS (which kinda ruins it for me and is why I had passed over it before).

Strangely, when I raced on the public server I had ABS, but yet I have my game options set to factory for ABS and TC, so does this mean that the car has ABS on with factory options? Am rather confused now.
Perhaps the server had odd settings and forced it on or something... (If it does have it available with factory defaults, then I'm puzzled about the decision to run the series with it switched off. Those of us with crappy brake pedals are stuffed ;))

I tried this car last night on a public server and really enjoyed it. Have just realised this series uses the same car, but crucially without ABS (which kinda ruins it for me and is why I had passed over it before).

Strangely, when I raced on the public server I had ABS, but yet I have my game options set to factory for ABS and TC, so does this mean that the car has ABS on with factory options? Am rather confused now.
Perhaps the server had odd settings and forced it on or something... (If it does have it available with factory defaults, then I'm puzzled about the decision to run the series with it switched off. Those of us with crappy brake pedals are stuffed ;))

It is ABS ready car from the factory, which means it comes with all necessary equipment to have ABS working, but it does not have ABS module (the brain). That module can be bough from Bosch and is plug and play. The reason the car is ABS ready, is because its one of the most popular, widely used race car across the world and usually allowed into racing series that aren't to strict on regulations. It is often compatible with GT3 cars and need that ABS to be a better match, or some racing series require ABS, no matter what car you enter.

The reason I run it without ABS, is because in prime series for Carrera Cup such as Mobil 1, North America or Cup Germany as well as most of other Cup series around the world, the car does not have ABS.
Only reason it has default ABS on in AC, is, I assume, because Carrera Cup Italy runs with ABS.

If you struggle with locking up, try lowering brake pressure to around 90% and play around with bias as well, normally, you can run a lot of rear bias, since the rear of the car is the heaviest part. Just mind your entry, so you don't create "handbrake effect".

Would you like to sign up btw?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years