Track: Nuerburgring Sprint / GP​
Practice start time: GMT 20.00​
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)​
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (12 laps)​
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00​
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)​
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (12 laps)​
Note1: Race1 - Sprint Circuit + 178bhp model / Race2 - GP Circuit + 186 bhp model​
Note2: Default skins that come with the mod only​
Racing Rules & Server password: click here

No.

I am pulling out. Should have tried the car(or any 911 for that matter) before even thinking about it.
This car and I are not going to be friends.

The default steering lock value is very high on these cars, try setting it to around 16.0deg. That should make it a lot easier to control. These Porsches really are nice once you get to know them!

Bugger!! My return to GTL Racing is still dogged by gremlins.
It was almost a repeat of last week, with my connection dropping out during qualy for race 2. :(

I had a bit more time to try to reconnect this time but it was strange. I could reconnect to TS ok, even reconnect to the main GTL Server ok, but it refused to connect to the RD Race Server. Each time I got as far as joining from the lobby, I could enter the password, but it just timed out. Even tried re-booting the PC, but no luck.

Oh well, at least I got to join Race 1 and try out the Porsches. They seemed very nice to drive, waaaay better than the default 911's in my humble opinion. For some reason I just couldn't find the quick lap times that many of the others were laying down, maybe I'm very rusty.
Had some nice racing with Roland all race, thanks mate, it was enjoyable. I finished P4 but only because others had a spin or two, and Roland couldn't find a clean pass.

Thanks for organising Stu, and thanks to all for the company. Not sure what to make of my connection issues right now, but it's a disturbing pattern emerging. :oops:

I am soooo sorry I couldnt be there, even though I was signed up :( You know, from my will I wouldnt ever miss such an event, driving Porsche 911! But I had a lot of work to do and complication in my real life, from sick father, who is in hospital at the moment to some friends, with whom I had a meeting. :(

Those are spot on, I'll definitely try to be around for some more of these. Grats Ross and Chris, both unlucky in one or other race but never off the podium.
Thanks Stu and RD, and to everyone else around tonight. Lang may yer lum reek...

Was a fun GTL night. The cars were awesome; easy to control and correct, great brakes, and really nice to drive.

Nürburgring Sprint has become one of my favourite tracks too. Great combo.

Many thanks to Stuart for setting it up, hope to see you all next week.

Agreed, these cars were great on this track, and default setup is very driveable -as far as I can tell-. I think I was smiling all along in P1, Q1, R1, P2 and Q2.:)

Had a great time chasing Warren in R1.. could barely hang on on some points of the track, and failed to capitalize on being a tad quicker in some corners.
And then Chris comes up behind us... and overtakes me before I could even blink twice, and overtakes Warren a few corners later.. LOL like a quick lesson "Overtaking 101":oops:

Still unsure what happened to me in R2 though, P2 and Q2 had been problem-free, even managed a 2:29:..., but R2 felt like a different car?!? :eek:
Crashed/spun her twice in L1, once in L2, once in L3 and some more later on.. could sort-of chase Jacob who had some opening laps problems as well, but all that spinning had cost me so much fuel that in the final laps I had to go really slow to even make it.
-- Note to self: Choose a bigger margin on fuel load next time.. --
Maybe I accidentally loaded some other cars setup or something, I was so confused I forgot to check, but for sure the problem was with the driver, not the car :confused: as the cars absolutely were a treat IMO.

Ondrej, best wishes for your father's recovery, and thank you Simon for a great combo and to Eddie, Roger, and all others for a fun night's racing!:p

..Lang may yer lum reek...
Well... errrr.... thank you... I guess?? :confused: Google translate refuses to help me out here, but I suspect something smelly??:D

thank you Simon for a great combo and to Eddie, Roger, and all others for a fun night's racing!:p

Well... errrr.... thank you... I guess?? :confused: Google translate refuses to help me out here, but I suspect something smelly??:D

Roughly translated: "Best wishes for the future" And yes, a reeking lum is indeed smelly! Hope that helps Ronald!!

These cars are the dog's nadgers. Very controllable but still retain that Porsche 'feel' that i get from other mods/sims but without the nasty oversteer. Had some great racing with Chris tonight again, things were extremely close at the starts of race 1 & 2, but always clean & fair. Unfortunately he spun in both races so i was left alone in race 1, but in race 2 i tried to push a bit too hard and made some silly mistakes before getting a tank-slapper on and doing a full 360 which let Eck get away. (who was going at a good pace anyway) Thanks for this combo Thommo, would be great to see these cars in a league at some point, they're very nice to drive. In fact, i had a few lovely little drifts in these that required just a hint of oppo to keep the momentum up, so i might do a little highlights vid of some of the action. (i just wish some clever clogs out there could do a 'cam-hack' so we can get a free-look camera a la RBR)

Well done Eddie & Charlie, and thanks to Simon for this combo!!

P.s.- hope your connection gets sorted Warren, can't be much fun having to get up so early!

P.s.- hope your connection gets sorted Warren,

Me too Rob.
The worrying bit is that it is happening at almost exactly the same time of the morning, so not sure if my ISP is doing something at that time. This time I noticed that my modem had lost internet connection for a minute or so, it wasn't just a normal disconnect. I'm checking to see if there are any updates going on at that time. The bit I don't understand is why I could immediately reconnect to everything except the RD Server. :confused:

I've been able to use the mouse free-look before, but never the proper free-move camera that you find in rfactot, race etc. that lets you move forward, back, side to side, as well as zooming on and out.
Rbr vanilla doesn't have it (i think) but the cam-hack with rsrbr sorts that. It surely must be possible to do this in gtl somehow?!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back